- 4th March Training
- Hotel during training

CRC check and References

Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  user51560    On:  Thu 8th May, 2014 at 19:19
user51560
#1  CRC check and References  Posted 08/05/2014 at 19:19
hi guys, i am due to start my training (mixed fleet LHR ) 27th June , however i am still waiting for ba to contact me in regards to how i apply for the criminal record check. My acceptance email states all references etc must be completed 2 weeks prior to start date, which leaves 5 weeks to get sorted, Im worried that my start date will be pushed back. Has anyone else experienced similar scenario.

Thanks,
         Jump to Top
MelP
#2  Re: CRC check and References  Posted 08/05/2014 at 21:39
In reply to post #1...
Don't worry, I start training 11th June and only got the referencing email about a week and half ago. Once you get that you get that email everything starts moving!xx
         Jump to Top
JenNorthy
United Kingdom
#4  Re: CRC check and References  Posted 09/05/2014 at 15:06
In reply to post #1...
Hi,

As long as your 5 year history is straight forward (no jobs abroad, no gaps in employment, no periods of claiming benefits) then it should all get done in time. If there are complications such as the ones I listed it can take quite a while. My start date got moved back six weeks due to Procius not being able to get my referencing sorted on time, and BA told me two days before I was due to start training. My advice is just to keep well on top of it and make sure it's all done in plenty of time.

Jenny
         Jump to Top
user51560
#6  Re: CRC check and References  Posted 09/05/2014 at 20:52
In reply to post #4...
hi there , thanks for your reply ! i have worked abroad for one year. im currently in the process of getting my police clearance certificate i also had a 2 year gap between jobs due to personal reasons , but i did not claim benefits as i lived off my savings. Im hoping theres no delay :(
         Jump to Top
Ding Duck
Groupie
#7  Re: CRC check and References  Posted 10/05/2014 at 08:56
I'm just filling in my references for an AD. I have a six week gap between finishing school and starting work, not claiming benefits. I guess I need a personal referee, but who can be one, as it doesn't say anything about that on the guide? Surely a family member can't be one? The thing is, I'm sort of running out of personal referees, as the school I went to has gone bust and I need one for that period too. Any ideas?
         Jump to Top
prism
France
#8  Re: CRC check and References  Posted 10/05/2014 at 09:11
In reply to post #7...

Originally posted by Ding Duck

I'm just filling in my references for an AD. I have a six week gap between finishing school and starting work, not claiming benefits. I guess I need a personal referee, but who can be one, as it doesn't say anything about that on the guide? Surely a family member can't be one? The thing is, I'm sort of running out of personal referees, as the school I went to has gone bust and I need one for that period too. Any ideas?

How about a family friend, a neighbour,a teacher, a priest. your doctor, etc
My posts are my personal views and opinions and are not necessarily those of my employer. My postings are for this forum and should not be copied to other forums without my express permission. Thank you.
         Jump to Top
user51560
#9  Re: CRC check and References  Posted 10/05/2014 at 10:30
In reply to post #8...
Hi there ,

it cannot be someone such as a doctor etc..... i have a 2 year gap between employers. i have given a personal reference who is a friend , your reference cannot be related to you. the friend that you select to be a reference, you must have known them for more than 5 years.

hope this helps
         Jump to Top
Ding Duck
Groupie
#10  Re: CRC check and References  Posted 10/05/2014 at 14:00
Thanks prism and N1986!
That's pretty much what I thought. I hate to bother my friends with this, but guess I have to. They normally use e-mail though, don't they? I was just thinking a phone call from abroad might feel a bit intimidating to some people…
         Jump to Top
ElleBee
#11  Re: CRC check and References  Posted 22/05/2014 at 19:40
In reply to post #6...
Hi,

Has anyone else lived abroad in the past 5years and need to get a CRB certificate from the relevant country?

I'm having a right nightmare!
         Jump to Top
Emiliex1o
United Kingdom
#12  Re: CRC check and References  Posted 25/05/2014 at 01:38
In reply to post #1...
I'm having a nightmare with referencing! I was at school, sixth form and college for the majority of the period that is needed, then I moved to a bigger company. All these have managed to give good references, however I put down that I had a weekend cash in hand job and that employer, for some silly reason which I am still to find out, wouldn't return the reference. I spoke with BackCheck and they said it has to be done because I've put it down. Managed to get hold of the employer and he says as he is legally only really required to confirm the dates I was with the company, this is all he will do, but I can also get a personal reference from a supervisor I was working with at the time. My ex-boss said that he will confirm the dates I was with them direct from his business email address - Will this be okay?!! Can't contact BA or Back Check until Tuesday... Silly bank holiday! And just wanted to know if anyone might know?? Thank you in advance!!
There is no better sound, than rolling down the runway
         Jump to Top
Next >