profile image
Lanzaroteprincess
Continuous Rejection
profile image
boryanadreams
Hi guys , anyone went to an OD of QATAR AIRWAYS in Beirut lebanon on the 1st of nov. 2014?
profile image
CharlotteMitchell90
Lanzarote Princess,

I'm in the same boat as you, tried 3 times for emirates and going for my second try for Etihad this month, I did get through to final interview 3 times out of 4 but sometimes that's more frustrating especially for emirates because you have to wait longer to reapply!! Don't give up, I said to myself that I wouldn't try again after the 2nd time I got rejected but why should I if it's my dream. Try again, be prepared, be beautiful inside and out. It'll pay off!! Also don't rule out other airlines, if you were a really good football player, just because 1 team didn't want for for one reason doesn't mean that another wouldn't be so happy to take you! Stay optimistic and realistic also, it's incredibly difficult to secure a position with these companies & trust me I completely understand the frustration behind meeting people who make it all the way through first time, but that's their path, yours is slightly different. You were only given this life because you are strong enough to live it and these companies will recognise your commitment to becoming cabin crew x
profile image
Lanzaroteprincess
Thank you , I'm glad IM not the only one . I know I wasn't anyway but constant rejection takes its toll . I also have my second attempt with Etihad later this month as well , so fingers crossed for that one . I have also applied fora couple of others , had AD for british airways scheduled for last month but had to reschedule because I couldn't name it , also applied for virgin and then some regional ones as well at my local airport . I guess perseverance really is the key here and so I will keep trying and hopefully it'll pay off !
profile image
cholleyflies
Hey,

You are not alone in this rejection process. I have been trying for over a year now and have made it through one round and have not made it through others. I've been attending most OD/AD in New York and 2 out of the three times it was the same recruiter. I am going for another one in New York on Nov 8th and I'm kind of hoping its a different recruiter. I know I have all the qualities that Emirates is looking for, and I do keep getting invited, but I guess Im getting lost with all those other applicants at the AD. But don't give up if this is something you really want. Patience. Persistence. Perseverance. Best Wishes to you!
profile image
Lanzaroteprincess
Thank you for your lovely reply !
i am glad to not be alone in this , all of these rejections are really only making us all more determined to achieve our goals . I hope one day we can all talk about getting our golden calls ! It's hard in the face of it all but hopefully it'll be worth it . I wish everyone the best of luck too x
profile image
Lanzaroteprincess
Just an update ... I have been flying for an international airline now since the end of 2018. I have been to 33 countries and 55 destinations, nearly 500,000 miles across 6 continents. I’ve recently had my wings clipped due to the current pandemic but can not WAIT to be back in the skies.

To all those people who were waiting to join an airline or partway through training before this happened , please don’t be too downhearted. Persevere. If you have suffered major rejection like me, power on through because one day you WILL make it
profile image
Cabin Crew Consultant
True! We are in very turbulent times right now and many of us have lost our work but in time things will turn around and when things get back to normal, we will be needed quicker than ever ! Stay positive

Other discussions going on within Middle East Airlines Forum

Inflight Chef Etihad, Turkish...
6  1.09k 1 month ago
6 1.09k 1 month ago by sayeed shazz
Emirates Qualifications Query
4  2.25k 2 years ago
4 2.25k 2 years ago by david kane
Emirates app - complete in one...
7  1.83k 1 year ago
7 1.83k 1 year ago by hoai88
Qatar Amiri flight is hiring f...
8  8.08k 1 year ago
8 8.08k 1 year ago by su xeko
Emirates mental health medical...
8  2.9k 1 month ago
8 2.9k 1 month ago by anniesteuber

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 8 months ago
40 6k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
FLYBE News and Views from those at Flybe
27  193.75k 2 years ago
27 193.75k 2 years ago by juankax
Aer Lingus All posts relating to Aer Lingus
39  427.46k 1 year ago
39 427.46k 1 year ago by Aaron
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  595.03k 8 months ago
266 595.03k 8 months ago by KL17
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.26k 1 year ago
162 634.26k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle