profile image
Lanzaroteprincess
Continuous Rejection
profile image
Lanzaroteprincess
I know there are plenty of theads on here about rejection from emirates !
I have now been rejected three times at the AD with the same recruiter , first time I didn't make it past the first round , second time I made it through the first round but rejected at the second round and third time I was rejected at the first stage once again , I don't know why
TheY do always encourage you to reapply but someone please convince me that it'll be worth it ! Why would they take someone through all the stages and offer them the job first time and make others apply four or five times ?
I am going to keep trying maybe once or twice more , but the rejection hurts and I'm not sure if I can take it any more than five times
Please wallow with me and share your stories
profile image
lisa-x-
aah that's so tough!

I think it would be well worth it to try again somewhere new with a different recruiter. Afterall, recruiters have so much influence over all of this so maybe you're just having bad luck with that particular recruiter.

I hate to admit that I was lucky enough to pass my first round, but it is such a competitive and particular process. You may have all the soft qualities they're looking for, but if they don't feel like you're a the perfect fit with the image they're striving for, i'm sure they have no problems cutting people because of it. On the other hand, you may fit their ideal image, but if you don't have the qualities such as good english skills or the personality, they'll let you go too.

It's one thing to be let go for not fitting their company image or stereotype, but that's not something you can change. and considering they won't tell you why you didn't make it, it's so hard to try to change our habits or the small things to make it through an additional round at the next AD or OD...

Overall, I really admire your courage to keep trying! Like I said, I think you should try going to an AD somewhere brand new so you can go through the process with a new recruiter! Good luck (:
profile image
Lanzaroteprincess
I don't have the means to be traveling all round to a different assessment day, all of the ones in the UK are held by the same recruiter as well as near by European ones like Paris , Ireland Ect so it wouldn't make a difference :( :( I honestly don't do anything different each time , which worked the second time as I made it through that stage but when I went for a third try I didn't make it through ! Thanks for your feedback , I am going to keep trying as I am lucky enough to live very close to the recruitment cente in my city , I know they must see at least a little glimmer of hope because I do keep getting invited to assessment days but I am just losing hope in my abilities and whether or not I am actually right for the company !
I'm happy you are doing well and have got the job , I hope one day to eventually join you in Dubai !
profile image
flyhigh81
I was rejected during the first round of my assessment day back in March. I then got the job when I went through the whole process again in September with the exact same recruiter! I was convinced she was going to remember me and cut me again, but did not for some reason.

I really do believe that a lot of it is luck... what they are looking for on the day. Don't give up and good luck if you decide to try again!
profile image
diogo1522
I'm about to try my 3rd time this saturday. We'll see if I get any further than before, but you sometimes have to look back and pat yourself on the back for even making it to AD. The odds are very much NOT in your favor.

I agree with lisa-x that you could always try somewhere else in order to avoid THAT recruiter, but it's understandable that you might not be able to afford traveling to another country just for an interview. I had the opportunity to do my second OD in another city, but it's not like it changed my end result much.

And yes, even though there are lots of rejection posts on here, there are also plenty of people who say that they applied 4 or 5 times before getting the job. If this is something that you really want to do, don't give up on it. Try to find everything you can do to make next time around the one that counts.

Good luck, and keep trying! I know I will!
profile image
Nesh
Hi Lanzaroteprincess ,

Hope you are well, May ask if you have applied in UK all three times?

Thanks
profile image
Nesh
Hi diogo1522

Wish you all the best,
profile image
Lanzaroteprincess
Yes :)
profile image
Nadi123
Not always the same recruiter going to the same countries open day twice. I participated two times and both i had different recruiters. Personally i believe its too risky to give money for tickets and travel in different countries while there is no one guarantee you that you will be successful. All you have to do is want it with all your soul,work for it and persist in. Sooner or later y'all going to make your dream come true. I know a woman who tried six times and she succeed the seventh. So keep going!!!!
profile image
Nesh
did send you PM

Other discussions going on within Middle East Airlines Forum

Emirates Qualifications Query
4  2.22k 2 years ago
4 2.22k 2 years ago by david kane
Qatar Amiri flight is hiring f...
8  7.56k 1 year ago
8 7.56k 1 year ago by su xeko
Emirates mental health medical...
8  2.9k 1 month ago
8 2.9k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Inflight Chef Etihad, Turkish...
6  1.03k 1 month ago
6 1.03k 1 month ago by sayeed shazz
Emirates HR contact email addr...
29  43.01k 1 month ago
29 43.01k 1 month ago by Jovitamaketa280

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Jet2 All posts relating to Jet2
64  248.51k 10 months ago
64 248.51k 10 months ago by Andrew E. Briscoe
British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 8 months ago
40 6k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.1k 1 year ago
162 634.1k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle
Regional Airline Operators For those who are operating regional services
10  67.39k 4 years ago
10 67.39k 4 years ago by user16937
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  594.79k 8 months ago
266 594.79k 8 months ago by KL17