Post a reply
Add a new Topic
Search the Forums
Search
Latest Posts
- Qatar OD question about reputation
- Emirates Open Day? (Leeds)
- LHR: Interviews Assessments Start Dates Courses
- It's like AirBnb, but for your suitcase.
- Psychometric test
- Earn some extra - Mystery Shopping
- Scars EK
- 4th time EK, 2x FI, what is your status in July.
- Assessments, interviews & start dates
- Emirates-LA-July26 invite only

Cathay Pacific

Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  vanderKamp    On:  Mon 1st April, 2013 at 21:42
vanderKamp
#1  Cathay Pacific  Posted 01/04/2013 at 21:42
Hi everyone,

Recently I saw that CX is searing cabin crew. It's for the HongKong base.
These are the requirements.

Flight Attendant (Hong Kong Base)

Requirements: •Permanent Hong Kong resident status
•Minimum age of 18
•HKCEE: Minimum of Grade E in five HKCEE subjects (including Level 2 or above in English Language), or equivalent
or
HKDSE: Minimum of Level 2 in five New Senior Secondary School Subjects (or “Attained” for Applied Learning Subjects, or Grade E for Other Language Subjects) including English Language, or equivalent
•Fluency in English and one Asian language (Cantonese, Mandarin, Hindi, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Tagalog or Thai). Mandarin is a preferred language.
•Polished interpersonal skills with a positive attitude and customer-oriented mindset
•A minimum arm-reach of 208 cm and physical fitness to pass the pre-employment medical assessment

Bur I was wondering do you really have to speak one Asian language, because I don't. Has anyone got experience at CX, cause I speak fluent Dutch, German, French and English.

Greetz vanderKamp
         Jump to Top
cabincrewconsultant
#2  Re: Cathay Pacific  Posted 02/04/2013 at 07:34
In reply to post #1...
Yes, they do ask for one Asian language and usually that you already reside at the base, so that does limit things. But, there is no harm in sending in an application as requirements can change and you never know - right place, right time. They also sometimes recruit for other bases including Los Angeles, San Francisco and London Heathrow so might be worth looking out for, although I believe these still require an Asian language.
Cabin Crew Consultant - www.cabincrewconsultant.weebly.com
         Jump to Top
Zed_Tickets
United Kingdom
#3  Re: Cathay Pacific  Posted 04/04/2013 at 17:47
In reply to post #1...

Originally posted by vanderKamp

Hi everyone,

Recently I saw that CX is searing cabin crew. It's for the HongKong base.
These are the requirements.

Flight Attendant (Hong Kong Base)

Requirements: •Permanent Hong Kong resident status
•Minimum age of 18
•HKCEE: Minimum of Grade E in five HKCEE subjects (including Level 2 or above in English Language), or equivalent
or
HKDSE: Minimum of Level 2 in five New Senior Secondary School Subjects (or “Attained” for Applied Learning Subjects, or Grade E for Other Language Subjects) including English Language, or equivalent
•Fluency in English and one Asian language (Cantonese, Mandarin, Hindi, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Tagalog or Thai). Mandarin is a preferred language.
•Polished interpersonal skills with a positive attitude and customer-oriented mindset
•A minimum arm-reach of 208 cm and physical fitness to pass the pre-employment medical assessment

Bur I was wondering do you really have to speak one Asian language, because I don't. Has anyone got experience at CX, cause I speak fluent Dutch, German, French and English.

Greetz vanderKamp

It is a requirement to speak one of the Asian language, as you will be tested on the day of assessment.
Don't fall for the trap that promises you things that are too good to be true!
         Jump to Top
twong
#4  Re: Cathay Pacific  Posted 18/04/2013 at 09:16
In reply to post #1...
I got a phone call from Cathay Pacific (HK based) for 1st round interview next week!
Has anyone got phone call?

Im rather nervous! Not sure what I need to do to prepare.
I can speak Cantonese but cannot read or write Chinese. Would that be a problem?
         Jump to Top
diamondsky
#5  Re: Cathay Pacific  Posted 05/06/2013 at 14:53
Hello everyone :-) any idea if CX accepts Filipino? Is it really a must to have a residency in HKG? I thought they would be the one to fix that for the applicants? :-( so if one has no ermit to live in HKG because they kive in some other Asian countries or Europen countries then they wouldn't accept you? :-( thank you :-)
         Jump to Top
shiningstar
Hong Kong
#6  Re: Cathay Pacific  Posted 09/06/2013 at 04:30
In reply to post #1...
i recently did my HKDSE, and we will get da results in july, so i should apply in july right? And i've got no work experience whatsoever,nothing at all. All tips for me then to write my CV?
         Jump to Top
shiningstar
Hong Kong
#7  Re: Cathay Pacific  Posted 09/06/2013 at 04:31
In reply to post #5...
being a permanent hk resident is a MUST!
         Jump to Top
diamondsky
#8  Re: Cathay Pacific  Posted 09/06/2013 at 13:44
In reply to post #7...
Hello shiningstar, thank you for your reply : ) why is it that they hire from Indonesia, Malaysia, India and other countries? They're not permanent HKG residents. And the flight deck crew are multi national as well. Thought they'd fix it for the cabin crew just like other Middle Eastern airlines, guess not hope it will change soon though. Thank you :-)
         Jump to Top
EsmondHixon
Singapore
#9  Re: Cathay Pacific  Posted 23/06/2013 at 02:25
In reply to post #4...
You worked in Hong Kong before? I know that they required HK VISA before applying.
         Jump to Top
Jho
#10  Re: Cathay Pacific  Posted 09/07/2013 at 15:52
In reply to post #5...
As far as I can remember, CX do hire other nationalities (e.g. Filipino, Thai, Viet, etc) I went to HK open recruitment day before with most companies in the HKIA and I've personally asked one CX employee if they will hire non-Chinese speaking cabin crews, and they said that they will, depending on the company's demand. I'm a Filipino but based in HK holding a ROA/ permanent ID card here in HK, I think this is a must if you are going to be a cabin crew based in HK. I've been applying as cabin crew in CX for a very very long time... and this is the first ever call I've received from them, informing me on their recruitment day. Hopefully to get this chance... sooo excited and super nervous!

For more details:
http://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/about-us/careers/career-choices/flying-positions/flight-attendant.html
         Jump to Top
Next >