Post a reply
Add a new Topic
Search the Forums
Search
Latest Posts
- Large doubke room with ensuite
- I wonder about my career when I apply for a job.
- Etihad AD Johannesburg 29th April 2019
- Emirates 2019 Timeline
- Wait time after Interview Complete status?
- Finnair
- anyone from Nepal??
- Staff Travel EZY - For Money £££
- Etihad training uniform
- Interview as an ex crew

Cathay Pacific London Based FA

Author
  Topic Started By:  rabel_cyy    On:  Mon 11th February, 2019 at 10:53
rabel_cyy
#2  Cathay Pacific London Based FA  Posted 11/02/2019 at 10:53
Hi All!

Im wondering where will FA of CX London based fly to apart from HKG, any ideas? and how long will be the layovers?

many thanks!
         Jump to Top
Happy2fly
Groupie
United Kingdom
#3  Re: Cathay Pacific London Based FA  Posted 12/02/2019 at 17:33
In reply to post #2...
Do Cathy Pacific have a London Base?
Looking for my wings
         Jump to Top
jknox
#4  Re: Cathay Pacific London Based FA  Posted 12/02/2019 at 22:38
In reply to post #3...

Originally posted by Happy2fly

Do Cathy Pacific have a London Base?

Yes....

And no, London based CX crew will only operate he HKG route, occasionally they will position to another part of Europe (e.g - MAN or CDG) to cover for a member of HKG crew who has gone sick downroute or equipment change.
         Jump to Top
Happy2fly
Groupie
United Kingdom
#5  Re: Cathay Pacific London Based FA  Posted 13/02/2019 at 23:29
In reply to post #4...
I assume they are not recruiting thou
Looking for my wings
         Jump to Top
CX250
#6  Re: Cathay Pacific London Based FA  Posted 15/02/2019 at 13:33
In reply to post #5...

Originally posted by jknox

Yes....

And no, London based CX crew will only operate he HKG route, occasionally they will position to another part of Europe (e.g - MAN or CDG) to cover for a member of HKG crew who has gone sick downroute or equipment change.

Hi there, that's almost right, but not quite. Our LHR base only operates two of the five patterns (CX252/CX250) operated by CX between LHR-HKG. A third (CX238) is shared between LHR/HKG bases. The agreement with FAU (the union for the HKG Base crew) is that LHR base will only operate up to 50% of LHR flying. LHR base can operate when crew go sick on HKG Base patterns into LHR, but would do no flying within Europe. There is also an agreement in place for some time now that there will be no inter-port flying, so LHR Base cannot operate for any other outport bases either. If you don't enjoy flying to/from HKG, then CX at LHR would not be the airline for you.

Originally posted by Happy2fly

I assume they are not recruiting thou

Recruitment closed on the 08th, and there have been group and language assessments all week. The minimum requirements include fluency (tested at interview) in one of five Asian languages, as well as the right to live/work in the UK unsponsored. Usually there is one recruitment campaign a year, sometimes two.
         Jump to Top