- Middle Eastern Lifestyle
- Qatar Airways Opening Previous CC Application

#CARMEN Bidding System

Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  jaynesastar    On:  Tue 9th September, 2008 at 17:13
jaynesastar
#1  #CARMEN Bidding System  Posted 09/09/2008 at 17:13
Hellooo, Bidding starts for us FCA crew today and im logged in the lot, read over the information and it isnt going in my head! Anyone a expert?
***Dreams do come true if you really want them to***
         Jump to Top
britanniaguy
United Kingdom
#2  Re: #CARMEN Bidding System  Posted 09/09/2008 at 17:30
No Jayne - will probably take a couple of months before you get the hang of it. It will be trial and error at the beginning. The main thing to remember is not to outbid yourself. If you want night stops away you have to put in a bid for NSA. You just need to give that 1 point just to tell Carmen that you want to be away. Any specific longhaul then give that more points. However bidding for a CUN or SFB won't work unless you bid for NSA - a mistake a lot of our crew made at the beginning. Also try not to bid for too many things each month. Give it a go and see what you get - hope you get what you want.
         Jump to Top
jaynesastar
#3  Re: #CARMEN Bidding System  Posted 09/09/2008 at 17:41
it actually quite exciting!! lol thanks for that brittaniaguy. One silly question, I know you have this certain amount points to go on each preference but does it go to a total of how many your alowed? Or is is jst be careful of how many preferences you have, I dont think its clear in the guide, otherwise Im just a thicko and cant understand lol
         Jump to Top
britanniaguy
United Kingdom
#4  Re: #CARMEN Bidding System  Posted 09/09/2008 at 17:46
I used to think you couldn't go up to more than 100 points in total but that's not the case. You can give something 100, something else 75 etc. Just be careful how many preferences - if you bid for a TFS on a certain date and gave that 75 points but then bidded for non EU flights twice a week and gave that 25 points you would outbid yourself and probably get the non EU flights but not the TFS. Whatever you bis is not you competing against other crew as these points are just for your preferences. Hope it makes some sense.
Edited 09/09/2008 @ 17:47 Revision #1
         Jump to Top
jaynesastar
#5  Re: #CARMEN Bidding System  Posted 09/09/2008 at 17:55
yeah it sort of makes sence, thanks hun thats made a differenceTongue
         Jump to Top
britanniaguy
United Kingdom
#6  Re: #CARMEN Bidding System  Posted 09/09/2008 at 18:04
You're welcome and congrats on being made permanent - think I read here you got your contract although I don't understand what they mean LOL
         Jump to Top
tuiguy
Groupie
United Kingdom
#7  Re: #CARMEN Bidding System  Posted 09/09/2008 at 18:06
If youre in the crew room trying to bid ask any TFly crew - we'll be glad to help and answer any questions!
Edited 09/09/2008 @ 18:07 Revision #1
Together the Best!
         Jump to Top
jaynesastar
#8  Re: #CARMEN Bidding System  Posted 09/09/2008 at 18:25
awww thank you but brittaniaguy i have jusy been extended on my R4 contract, thanks for the high hopes! no probs tuiguy
         Jump to Top
flystar09
#9  Re: #CARMEN Bidding System  Posted 09/09/2008 at 23:48
I also don't understand all the points malarky! I think maybe because I'm not great at maths ha ha!
It said bidding for one thing if you put 100 points it would be the same as if you put 1 point. Yet if you were bidding for more than one thing 100 points and 1 point would be very different?
Also, how can we bid for November's roster when we don't even know what the schedule is yet!! Or how do we find out what the schedule is for the winter?

Jump to Top
balboy
United Kingdom
#10  Re: #CARMEN Bidding System  Posted 10/09/2008 at 01:43
The following is an example.

Your roster for October is published on the 15 of September.

Your Bids for the October roster must be submitted before the end of August.

10 days before the end of August, the schedule is in the system, so, when you put your bids in, you click 'pairings' and this will tell you if what you bid for actually exists. If not, you change it or remove it.

You want long haul so you put in 1 point.

Carmen strives to give you the highest points possible, so if it rosters you a long haul, it has achieved its goal and gives you 1 point, cause thats what you asked for.

If you want longhaul and early morning reports and you put in 1 point for longhaul and 10 points for early reports, all it has to give you is 1 early report( worth 10 points ) and no longhaul and its scored 10, so it thinks it has satisfied you. But if you put in longhaul 10 points and earlys 1 point, it would roster you, say 16 early reports instead of 1 long haul cause it would be worth more( 16 points )

So... what you do is...

longhaul 20 points

earlys 1 point

carmen tries to achieve the highest points so rosters you

1 long haul plus as many early shorthaul as possible ( say 1 trip and 10 early mornings, altogether worth 30 points...acceptable result for carmen.

So ask for more long haul worth 20 points each, which means less short haul (which is worth only 1 point each ) and carmen can increase your total points.............. but if everyone askes for the same, then seniority takes presedent and it will give you less longhaul and the rest shorthaul .

Seems complicated doesn't it. Basically don't outbit yourself.

The whole 100 points thing is to separate your bids, so you don't outbit yourself, ie give a big gap between your bids...

a final example.

you see a lovely week mombasa coming up and you bid 100 points..

but you want to do early mornings and you give tem 10 points each

Carmen can roster you 1- mombassa worth 100....or

12 early mornings worth 120 points...

it will give you 12 earlies instead of the Mombasa. So keep your bids separate/

Sorry if it's confusing.............vodka. But as mentioned, Just ask any thomson crew in the crew room....x

Jump to Top
Next >