- Cabin Crew Consultant
- Trainning course October 2020 Lisbon
- wanting staff travel
- Staff travel
- Vista Jet - Any info?

Cabin Crew Job Scams....

Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  cabincrewconsultant    On:  Sat 1st February, 2020 at 11:23
cabincrewconsultant
#1  Cabin Crew Job Scams....  Posted 01/02/2020 at 11:23
Just a warning about a few scams that have been about the last month or so, please be careful!

Al Jaber Aviation in UAE (emails and job offers/contracts) have been sent out to cabin crew, pilots, engineers... The company in fact officially closed down last year and no longer exists, so this is a definite scam.

AviationCV had a recent advertisement for VIP Cabin Crew on Airbus320 for bases in Europe. This was confirmed as a scam by Cat Aviation whose name was being used - they clarified that they don't hire crew outside of Zurich and did not post the ad.

Luxair VIP emailed me with a random offer (I had not applied...) offering me a 2 year contract... I replied out of curiosity and they asked for all training costs, accommodation, transport etc. fees to be paid in advance for a 2 week course that would ensure me a position as VIP cabin crew.

If it looks suspicious, it probably is! If in doubt ask a well experienced crew member or ask me here on the forum or by PM and I will let you know if its genuine or not
Cabin Crew Consultant - www.cabincrewconsultant.weebly.com
         Jump to Top
pip1234
#2  Re: Cabin Crew Job Scams....  Posted 01/02/2020 at 18:14
In reply to post #1...
Excellent post! I received an email from Al-Jaber but the standard of English was appalling so I figured it was a scam.

It seems quite a few scam jobs are popping up in aviation CV at the moment so this is something to watch out for too.
         Jump to Top
A54Y
United Kingdom
#3  Re: Cabin Crew Job Scams....  Posted 01/02/2020 at 18:18
In reply to post #2...
Another way to spot a scammer is the email address they ask you to send your CV/pictures to.

Hotmail and Gmail addresses will not be used by legitimate recruiters.

Remember, Nil illegitimi carborundum!
         Jump to Top
cabincrewconsultant
#4  Re: Cabin Crew Job Scams....  Posted 19/02/2020 at 13:03
In reply to post #1...
Another one to add to the list...

There is currently an email being sent out to some candidates offering them a VIP Flight Attendant job after attending a VIP Course (and paying 1400 euro...) It says its from AvconJet (email: recruitment@avconjet.us) and that is not their email address, it should end .at.

Anyway, Avconjet have been contacted and it's a scam/fake. Be careful out there, these scams are getting more and more detailed!
         Jump to Top
cabincrewconsultant
#5  Re: Cabin Crew Job Scams....  Posted 08/03/2020 at 09:30
In reply to post #4...
Another one doing the rounds... Aerovista FZE in Dubai - looking for pilots, cabin crew, engineers etc and asking to send CV and salary expectations etc...
         Jump to Top
cabincrewconsultant
#6  Re: Cabin Crew Job Scams....  Posted 07/06/2020 at 15:29
In reply to post #5...
And again AeroGulf Aviation Services in UAE... it's fake...
         Jump to Top
mradio
#7  Re: Cabin Crew Job Scams....  Posted 25/06/2020 at 22:56
In reply to post #1...
it seems that I fall for a scam this time supposed to be from Hi Fly . But unfortunately I have already sent a passport copy. What could happen now?

Be careful out there!!
         Jump to Top
cabincrewconsultant
#8  Re: Cabin Crew Job Scams....  Posted 26/06/2020 at 07:52
In reply to post #7...
Try not to worry, they are usually asking for money... say to pay for visa approval, training costs etc.
If in doubt that a contract is real or not you can always send to me to check for you. Unfortunately, there has been a lot of these over the last 6 months - it's so annoying when so many people are out of work and then we get hopeful and find out it's another scam...
Don't let them win!
         Jump to Top
mslJ
#9  Re: Cabin Crew Job Scams....  Posted 07/07/2020 at 10:52
In reply to post #4...
Jetflite is having the same problem.

I was contacted by someone using the email address jetflite.recruit@jetflite.us when their email for recruitment purposes ends with .FI and not .US.
Contacted the company this morning and they were not aware they were recruiting for cabin crews.

They also wanted to charge me 1400€ for a 2 weeks training.

Their english was good but their recruitment method was odd. They started straight away with the salary figure what made me feel suspicious and on top of that that detail on their email address.
         Jump to Top
cabincrewconsultant
#10  Re: Cabin Crew Job Scams....  Posted 07/07/2020 at 12:52
In reply to post #9...
Thank you for adding that one - at this time when it is so difficult for so many of us, we have to be very aware of these scams. The more we keep up to date with them, the more we can warn others away!

Just edited this as another one has just come up ABS Jets, the company have informed on linkedin that they know about this and are not currently recruiting.
Edited 07/07/2020 @ 13:10 Revision #1
         Jump to Top
Next >