Post a reply
Add a new Topic
Search the Forums
Search
Latest Posts
- FlyDubai video interview
- AD AUGUST 17 TORONTO 2014
- LGW rooms to rent
- Anyone here an EMIRATE CABIN SERVICES ASSISTANT ?
- FlyDubai Online Assessment
- Huge Double room 20 mins from LHR on the Picadilly
- Antwerp open day
- Flydubai interview...
- Rooms to rent near Gatwick
- 16th September Training Course

British Airways LHR

< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  gemwantstofly1992    On:  Tue 26th February, 2013 at 13:03
kiss-and-fly
#11  Re: British Airways LHR  Posted 11/04/2013 at 10:21
In reply to post #9...
Hi,
I've applied on 13th of March, and get "outcome" mail with invitation on 28th:) but I read here that it could be from one day up to weeks when you get any response;-)

PS. first available assessment day was the end of August!
Edited 11/04/2013 @ 10:23 Revision #1
         Jump to Top
Bailey26
United Kingdom
#12  Re: British Airways LHR  Posted 20/04/2013 at 01:15
Have applied and SO excited :D
Vive Il Sogno
         Jump to Top
cabincrewconsultant
#13  Re: British Airways LHR  Posted 20/04/2013 at 08:27
In reply to post #12...
BA do set very high standards and are a tough airline to get into. They do want lots of customer service experience and they do look for candidates who have a certain skill set and qualities that meet their professional image. Out of all the airlines, they do take the time to get to know you and see if you are suitable for the role of cabin crew instead of the usual 'cattle call'. Of course, they are looking for people who will fit in with the company standards and promote them.
Once you do get through, the training course is strict and intense and you will feel under pressure but if you work hard and study, you will be fine. Of all the airline cabin crew training courses offered, BA's is the best I have come across (certainly as regards safety procedures) and will set you up for life!
Cabin Crew Consultant - www.cabincrewconsultant.weebly.com
         Jump to Top
toptotoe
#14  Re: British Airways LHR  Posted 22/04/2013 at 18:40
In reply to post #8...
you will be fine re age, people 51 and up are on training, think the age limit is 62? good luck
         Jump to Top
stef.J1984
Groupie
United Kingdom
#15  Re: British Airways LHR  Posted 29/04/2013 at 00:09
My AD is 27th June

You're right (Cabin crew consultant) BA have (by FAR) the most professional and thorough recruitment procedure in place.

I attended an AD for Future Talent Crew back in 2010 and didn't get the job...

Waited a further 12 months until I could apply for Cabin Crew (had the AD for that in 2011) was offered the job, but had to turn it down due to my current employer offering me a huge payrise to stay working for them.... which was too good to dismiss.

Here I am AGAIN!!! got my 2nd AD for Cabin Crew soon, because I've realised money isn't everything, and working as cabin crew makes me the happiest I've ever been

Good Luck to you ALL!!!!!
         Jump to Top
trini
#16  Re: British Airways LHR  Posted 29/04/2013 at 03:07
In reply to post #2...
Hey,
Does any1 knows if or how can a Trinidad national apply at VA/BA? please
         Jump to Top
jacktimo
#17  Re: British Airways LHR  Posted 06/06/2013 at 12:31
In reply to post #10...
British Airways are a hard airline to get into. But you will be able to apply in 6 months i think?

United Kingdom
#18  Re: British Airways LHR  Posted 17/06/2013 at 13:10
In reply to post #2...
I had to chuckle when I read this, organised and professional??!!!! ok then
         Jump to Top
dion1983
#19  Re: British Airways LHR  Posted 17/07/2013 at 19:02
In reply to post #11...
when is your AD? Mines on the 21st august
         Jump to Top
unavita
Groupie
United Kingdom
#20  Re: British Airways LHR  Posted 22/07/2013 at 18:11
In reply to post #19...
Hi Dion1983,

I notice you said you had an AD booked for August. I just received the below email and wondered if you've received the same? I'm gutted! Had one booked from May and it got cancelled due to 'resourcing problems'

Further to your application for the Mixed Fleet cabin crew role, we are emailing to advise that we have now achieved the required number of cabin crew and are cancelling all remaining assessment days during 2013.

We appreciate that this may be disappointing for you and would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

When our campaign relaunches (approximately 2014) we will email you at this time to see if you are still interested in the role of Mixed Fleet cabin crew.

Please note that it will not be necessary for you to reapply – we will transfer your application across and you will be invited to book yourself into an assessment centre at that time. We anticipate that our campaign will launch sometime in 2014 we do not currently have any specific dates.

Thank you for your interest in British Airways.
         Jump to Top
< Prev Next >