Add a new Topic
Search the Forums
Search
Latest Posts
- Assessments, interviews & start dates
- easyJet staff travel needed
- November 4th start date
- Qatar Open Day London
- Awaiting Candidate Documents (Qatar Airways)
- 2020 Recruitment
- 2019 Qatar Waiting timeline
- Aer Lingus Online Assessment Help
- Brand New House from Jan 1 2020
- SAS Ireland

British Airways F.A.Qs

< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  A54Y    On:  Fri 12th September, 2014 at 19:33
aliassly
#646  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 26/08/2019 at 19:19
Hi, I am going to attend to the recruitment day for Ryanair in London. My main objective is to work at BA or Virgin Atlantic as a cabin crew as I prefer long haul. however, I am unsure whether to wait for those two companies to have a recruitment day or start at Ryanair just to gain experience. Some people say it would be more difficult to change job or work at another airline after working at Ryanair so I am very confused. Could someone advise me on this? I have a 5 year customer service experience and i am bilingual. I really want to work for BA but I don’t know how often they look for a cabin crew member. Thank you
         Jump to Top
ohsobella
United Kingdom
#647  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 26/08/2019 at 22:42
In reply to post #646...

Originally posted by aliassly

Hi, I am going to attend to the recruitment day for Ryanair in London. My main objective is to work at BA or Virgin Atlantic as a cabin crew as I prefer long haul. however, I am unsure whether to wait for those two companies to have a recruitment day or start at Ryanair just to gain experience. Some people say it would be more difficult to change job or work at another airline after working at Ryanair so I am very confused. Could someone advise me on this? I have a 5 year customer service experience and i am bilingual. I really want to work for BA but I don’t know how often they look for a cabin crew member. Thank you

I could be wrong, but I think BA are only now taking on people who haven't flown before so they can be apprentice - not sure how they stand on people who have experience. If its BA that you want, it might be worth waiting
         Jump to Top
Bellawella18
#648  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 27/08/2019 at 11:11
Hi Guys i went through AD in April 2019 with BA for mixed fleet LHR and was successful and I start with BA in January 2020. I am not sure if they will open back up recruitment soon as there is a big holding pool at moment. Keep an eye on the BA careers site as they may open back up recruitment at some point in the autumn/winter for spring/summer 2020. I have never flown before and got through fine so i encourage people who have never flown to go for it!!

Good luck
         Jump to Top
CrewChic_96
#649  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 29/08/2019 at 21:05
In reply to post #646...
Hey!! I asked a friend at BA and he's heard that they are going to be recruiting again in September/October. They are definitely recruiting people with expereince as well as those with no flight experience, so i'd say keep an eye on their website!
Also if you can speak Japanese, they have a Cabin Crew vacancy online for this right now!
         Jump to Top
gtriassi
#650  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 30/08/2019 at 09:58
In reply to post #649...
Does anyone know what's the salary at BA?
         Jump to Top
chris2791
#651  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 22/09/2019 at 19:22
Does anyone know how long the total application process takes? From submitting your application to actually flying/ starting training. if i wanted to submit an application in October when would i ideally start?

What is the typical rosters like for mixed fleet cabin crew for British airways, how does bidding work for 1 year cabin crew?
         Jump to Top
liambenson08
#652  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 22/10/2019 at 22:06
So I had my visa appointment in April 2019 and I was told that further information was required, so waited for the email from London Petitions and gave them all the information that they required! I missed my start date because BA over - hired and now my new start date has been scheduled for the 2nd March 2020. I’ve already waited for 6 months with no update! I’ve also tried to email the embassy but, they say that they can’t give me any information until the process has been complete. Does anyone have any advice or has anyone experienced this before? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks
         Jump to Top
Junkers
#653  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 24/10/2019 at 00:34
In reply to post #651...
To give you an idea, I applied for Gatwick in Oct 2018. Had my AD end of Nov 2018 and my provisional start date is now set for Feb 2020. So 1 yr and 3 Mths for me assuming no change in the start date. The waiting times vary from person to person for no obvious reason, but Heathrow seems to be quicker as it has a higher turnover I guess. Anyway, good luck with your own personal journey.
         Jump to Top
dgill
United Kingdom
#654  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 27/10/2019 at 10:46
Does anyone know if you can apply for Cityflyer and mixed fleet at the same time? Have been offered assessment day for Cityflyer which is definitely my preferred however there are no assessment dates available on the website. Worried I’ll wait and there won’t be any assessments added by which time mixed fleet vacancy may close. Any advice?
         Jump to Top
llp92
#655  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 29/10/2019 at 16:11
In reply to post #654...

Originally posted by dgill

Does anyone know if you can apply for Cityflyer and mixed fleet at the same time? Have been offered assessment day for Cityflyer which is definitely my preferred however there are no assessment dates available on the website. Worried I’ll wait and there won’t be any assessments added by which time mixed fleet vacancy may close. Any advice?

I have applied for Gatwick and I'm waiting for my AD as no dates are available either, but I would prefer Mixed Fleet so I have emailed to ask whether it was possible to transfer my application or re-apply... I'll let you know what they say I do have a feeling you'll have to withdraw your CityFlyer application though, I don't think you can have two applications at once.
         Jump to Top
< Prev Next >