< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  A54Y    On:  Fri 12th September, 2014 at 19:33
stevegage84
United Kingdom
#65  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 19/04/2015 at 08:39
In reply to post #64...
Hi Kelly23c

As far as I'm aware you can bid for the types of trip you want to have (eg 3 days, 5 days etc) - I believe you can bid for there & backs only or short trips if you prefer (please correct me if I'm wrong) although it's not guaranteed.

Good luck!
TCX GLA 2011: B757-200, B757-300, B767-300
Jet2.com GLA 2013-2014: B737-300, B737-800, B757-200
British Airways Mixed Fleet - Training 21st August 2015!
         Jump to Top
Maisiel
United Kingdom
#66  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 19/04/2015 at 13:56
Hey everyone,

I have a AD tomorrow - nervous but excited at the same time! Does anyone who has experienced a BA AD before tell me abit about the role play we will have to do.

Thanks
         Jump to Top
stevegage84
United Kingdom
#67  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 19/04/2015 at 16:31
In reply to post #66...

Originally posted by Maisiel

Hey everyone,

I have a AD tomorrow - nervous but excited at the same time! Does anyone who has experienced a BA AD before tell me abit about the role play we will have to do.

Thanks

Hi Maisel,

First of all good luck for the AD tomorrow! Just relax and be yourself and try to enjoy it (easier said than done I know lol!)

For the role play part, you'll be taken through to a room with an assessor. It's a one on one role play based on customer service. You'll be given a sheet with instructions on, and the assessor will leave the room for a few minutes to let you read through and memorise the instructions. When they come back, you'll turn the sheet over and start the role play. They play a member of the public and you're the customer service person based on the instruction card. It lasts about 5 minutes.

It can be nerve wracking but they give you all of the info you need to get through it

Best of luck! Hope it goes well
TCX GLA 2011: B757-200, B757-300, B767-300
Jet2.com GLA 2013-2014: B737-300, B737-800, B757-200
British Airways Mixed Fleet - Training 21st August 2015!
         Jump to Top
Rodders123
#69  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 20/04/2015 at 16:26
In reply to post #64...
I forgot my NI card too....good tip!
         Jump to Top
Rodders123
#70  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 20/04/2015 at 16:31
In reply to post #64...
Hi Kelly

Yeah you bid for trips and it's not guaranteed but on average you get around 60%. If you bid for all short haul and night stops you'll get the majority of them at least. You can always request days off too and again these aren't guaranteed. Good luck at your AD and I'm sure it will work out for you flying and being a Mum
         Jump to Top
Leah1991
United Kingdom
#72  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 20/04/2015 at 22:22
In reply to post #71...
Hi everyone
I have my assessment day Wednesday super excited and a little nervous ...however in none of my emails does it tell me what to bring i no usually ist your passport national insurance ...if anyone could help me out please ?!
Also anyone on the assessment day 22nd April ?!

Thanks xxx
         Jump to Top
Rodders123
#73  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 21/04/2015 at 13:24
In reply to post #72...
COPY OF THIS ASSESSMENT BOOKING CONFIRMATION.
You will need to present to :
? The driver if travelling on the BA shuttle bus
? Security to gain access to the Waterside grounds
? The Waterside reception team

BRITISH AIRWAYS SHUTTLE BUS LETTER (sent in your invitation email)
? Failure to present this letter will prevent you from using the free shuttle bus

EVIDENCE OF RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK / EU
To comply with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006, all UK employers must check that all prospective employees have the continued right to live and work in the EU.

Please bring the following documentation with you on your assessment day, when your Right to Work in the EU will be verified.

If you are unable to produce these items at your assessment, we will be unable to progress with your assessment day.

• All passports must have a minimum of 12 months validity
• British nationals: bring your original 10 year passport
• Nationals of one of the following countries and therefore able to work in the UK without restriction: Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland: bring your original current state passport or original National Identity card.
• Nationals of Bulgaria or Romania: bring your original Exemption Registration Certificate, your original Registration Certificate or original Valid Accession Worker Card (self employed or student).
• Non EU candidates: bring your original Passport and/or relevant visa and any other corresponding information confirming the unrestricted right to live and work in the EU

If the photographs on documents do not match your appearance, other original photographic evidence must be produced to confirm your identity.

National Insurance:
• If residing in the UK and/or your salary is paid in the UK, original proof of National Insurance must also be provided. (Please note: We accept the following as proof of NI: original P45, original P60, NI card or any official document that has your NI number on it e.g. a letter from the HMRC or Jobcentre. We CANNOT accept payslips).

ID Verification Check

In order to comply with our internal pre-employment vetting policy, you must produce original and genuine documents, in conjunction with your right to work document, as outlined in the two process routes below:

Please note, if you bring in a passport from group 1 below, you will not be required to produce any other additional documents from this table. Please provide two additional documents from group 2.

Route 1
Two documents from group 1 and:
One further document from group 2 with a current UK address

Route 2
One document from group 1 and:
Two further documents from group two, one of which must have a current UK address

Group 1 - Primary identity documents

Document
Notes
Passport
Any current and valid passport
Biometric residence permit
UK
Current driving licence – photo card with counterpart
UK/Isle of Man/Channel Islands (full or provisional)
Birth certificate - issued at time of birth
UK and Channel Islands – including those issued by UK authorities overseas, e.g. embassies, High Commissions and HM Forces

Group 2- secondary identity documents

Document
Type
Notes
Firearms licence
UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man
HM Forces ID card
UK
Adoption certificate
UK and Channel Islands
Marriage/civil partnership certificate
UK and Channel Islands
Current driving licence
UK
Old-style paper version
Current photo driving licence
Non-UK
Licences must be valid for up to 12 months from the date the applicant entered the UK
Birth certificate (copy)
UK
Issued after time of birth UK and Channel Islands
Mortgage statement
UK or EEA
Issued in last 12 months
Bank or building society statement
UK and Channel Islands or EEA
Issued in last 3 months
Bank or building society account opening confirmation letter
UK
Issued in last 3 months
Credit card statement
UK or EEA
Issued in last 3 months
Financial statement, e.g. pension or endowment
UK
Issued in last 12 months
P45 or P60 statement
UK and Channel Islands
Issued in last 12 months
Council Tax statement
UK and Channel Islands
Issued in last 12 months
Work permit or visa
UK
Valid up to expiry date
Letter of sponsorship from future employment provider
Non-UK or non-EEA only
Valid only for applicants residing outside of the UK at time of application- Must still be valid
Mobile phone/Utility bill
UK
Issued in last 3 months
Benefit statement, e.g. Child Benefit, Pension
UK
Issued in last 3 months
Central or local government, government agency, or local council document giving entitlement, e.g. from the Department for Work and Pensions, the Employment Service, HMRC
UK and Channel Islands
Issued in last 3 months
EU National ID card
Must still be valid
Cards carrying the PASS accreditation logo
UK and Channel Islands
Must still be valid
Letter from head teacher or college principal UK confirming dates of attendance
for 16 to 19 year olds in full time education - exceptional circumstances only- if other documents cannot be provided
Must have left within the last three years

Unfortunately if you are unable to produce these items at your assessment, we will be unable to progress further.
         Jump to Top
Anne83
Groupie
United Kingdom
#74  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 23/04/2015 at 08:59
In reply to post #72...
You will also need your GCSE certificates, (originals not copies) on the day as well as the below list.

Thanks
         Jump to Top
Rodders123
#75  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 24/04/2015 at 10:47
Hi

Can anyone tell me how long it took to get there start date when Procius sent email to BA to commence stage 2 of the referencing process? Procius sent off my email to BA for a start date literally just after Easter. It's been over 2 weeks just wanted to know if this is the norm. Also are BA okay with changing your start date by a few weeks?

Thanks for any help in advance really appreciate it.
         Jump to Top
No7
#76  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 25/04/2015 at 02:20
In reply to post #75...
References can take a while depending on the company and how cooperative they are. I would say the best thing to do is that you personally chase up your referees to speed up the process. Having worked in referencing before I would say it would be the best thing for you to do. It can take a while. Should your references take longer than expected to return, BA may postpone your start date and push it back. However, if there are no more start dates for a while (which I doubt it) they may place you in a holding pool.
         Jump to Top
< Prev Next >