- EASA attestation

British Airways F.A.Qs

< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  A54Y    On:  Fri 12th September, 2014 at 19:33
user75404
Groupie
#614  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 03/11/2018 at 00:38
Hiii everyone. I have been invited for a AD world class cabin crew with attestation. But when I try to book only appears November 21st. And I can't go that day. I'm wondering in there will be more days avaible.
         Jump to Top
Victoria0211
#616  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 10/11/2018 at 13:54
Hi everyone,

I have an assessment day for LGW fleet on the 22nd of November and wondered if anyone could kindly help answer a few questions please?

Could anyone advise what a typical roster would look like?
Do BA recruit fixed term contracts or are you permanent?
Would people say LHR MF is better then LGW?
Lastly, a silly one but do LGW have hats as uniform??

Thank you in advance x
         Jump to Top
Gingerinreallife
United Kingdom
#617  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 21/11/2018 at 14:04
Genuine question for experienced crew! If you could choose between BA & Virgin and were changing career, what would you do?! Also, you would factor into the decision that you were older than generally most cabin crew tend to be! I'd just be really grateful for your insights on this.

Many thanks x
         Jump to Top
Eka
United Kingdom
#618  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 26/11/2018 at 00:15
Hi guys, I wonder if anyone can help. I’ve attended BA’s assessment day for Gatwick fleet in the beginning of September. There were 12 of us altogether. only six of us made it through to the second stage. Out of 6 there were only two of us applying with EASA attestation. They told us to wait for 7-10 days. One girl heard back in a few days, she didn’t make it. The other three heard back after about a week, they were successful and had their email with start dates. So when it came to me and the other girl we tried to be patient but once the 10 days were up I gave them a call and they just apologised and asked me to wait a bit longer. I of course kept on checking my emails like mad, hoping something will come through, no luck. After a week I send them an email, they were quick to respond, once again apologising and saying they had a bit of backlog. More time passed and I called them. They said that i was successful over the phone and they asked me to wait longer for an email with start dates to come through. The other girl was also told over the phone that she had got the job. To this day after a number of emails and calls, there is still nothing. I often wonder if I imagined being told that I was successful over the phone! It is now almost December and not even an email from them confirming what they said on the phone. I just feel really down, not having heard for so long. I keep on hearing constantly about successful candidates getting their start dates who applied and had their AD’s well after mine. I wonder if it has anything to do with already having EASA attestation? Has anyone been in a similar situation? Many thanks.
         Jump to Top
adam_1988
United Kingdom
#619  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 26/11/2018 at 20:29
Hey All, I have just found out I have been successful for the World Class Mixed Fleet role. I have a start date for the 25/03. It would be great to chat with someone who is starting with me or there abouts :-)
Adam
         Jump to Top
Gingerinreallife
United Kingdom
#620  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 29/11/2018 at 22:06
In reply to post #618...
Hi not sure how relevant but I did an AD at Waterside early November for LGW fleet (career change for me). I made it through to interview and still haven't heard from BA. I know a couple of the group who went through to interview didn't make it; I emailed last week and BA cited unexpected delays to the process and they'd be in touch soon ... I really am dying to find out and secretly hoping no news is good news?! I hope you get clarity soon x
         Jump to Top
Followadreamer
United Kingdom
#621  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 29/11/2018 at 22:08
In reply to post #619...
Hey Adam,

I am also starting on the 25th, get in touch :)

I G followadreamer
         Jump to Top
Eorena
#622  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 01/12/2018 at 19:49
In reply to post #619...
Hey sorry to hear what you going through did they give you anything in writing stating you had been successful or just over phone.
         Jump to Top
Robyn123
#623  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 02/12/2018 at 23:05
In reply to post #618...
Hey, I went to an assessment day on the 29th of october at waterside. Luckily i made it through and received an email 7 days after saying i was successful. Since then i have had to send some missing documents to them that i didn not have with me on my assessment day. but i didn't receive receipt that they had gotten the documents. Still waiting to hear back from them about a start date. I am sure you are fine - you aren't the only one in this position as it seems they are just a bit slow at getting back to people. Chances are they will come back to you with a start date soon.
         Jump to Top
Eka
United Kingdom
#624  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 07/12/2018 at 00:55
Hello everyone! I have now received an email confirming that I’ve been successful but no start date as yet. Thank you for all replies. Just need a little more patience... Good luck to everyone
         Jump to Top
< Prev Next >