British Airways F.A.Qs

< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  A54Y    On:  Fri 12th September, 2014 at 19:33
user74743
#41  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 22/11/2014 at 20:20
In reply to post #40...
Hi Claudio!
For my application it took roughly two weeks from applying in June to being invited to an AD in July, then it took one week to receive my successful email and then a month to be given a training date for December 5th :-)

Obviously all are different though.

Good luck!
         Jump to Top
AndrewColdron93
United Kingdom
#46  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 30/11/2014 at 19:33
Hello all,

Just a little question, I withdrew my application due to personal circumstances back in June 2014.

Circumstances have changed and I wish to apply again so I was wondering does a withdrawal count as a rejection in regards to the 12 month period you have to have between applications?

Any info on the topic will be much appreciated
Thanks.
         Jump to Top
Ryanaircrew92
#47  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 01/12/2014 at 19:02
hello everybody :),, can anybody please explain me how staff travel works? seems so complicated and can i start to use it immediatley, or do i need to wait 6 months ? thanks so much
Edited 02/12/2014 @ 08:29 Revision #1
         Jump to Top
M123
#48  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 02/12/2014 at 09:09
In reply to post #47...
You get it after 6 months. You and two others can use it.
         Jump to Top
friendlyG
United Kingdom
#49  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 05/12/2014 at 14:00
Hey everyone!

I just wanted to ask if anyone knew more about the new training scheme that has opened within Mixed fleet?! I believe its called 'Aspire' or something like that and is slightly different to the Future Talent programme. A mate of mine mentioned it but didn't explain a great deal lol. I was unsuccessful with BA this year and the FTC program was something that I was really interested in. I do intend to apply again next year and was hoping if someone could shed some light on this new program so I have better idea. Wish the BA website updated itself faster!! Lol

Thank you for all your help!
         Jump to Top
M123
#50  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 05/12/2014 at 14:41
In reply to post #49...
Yes Aspire has replaced FTC, it is a year long development course to progress to CSM.

You need to have a minimum 2 years flying experience to apply, and a years experience in a supervisory role.
You can also apply if you have passed the World Class spot check (Achieveable after approx 3 years on the fleet).
         Jump to Top
alas
United Kingdom
#51  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 05/12/2014 at 23:58
Hi guys!! I´ve just received the email inviting me to an AD, and I have a few questions.

Anybody from outside UK who attended can advise me what study documents did you take? did you had this NARIC statement?

And also, the interview slots they offer are just in few days, so I cant make all the travel arrangements on time, do they add dates frequently so I can book another slot?
I´m worried these are the only dates for AD and that I will miss my chance to attend.

I will appreciate if somebody could give me some info.

Thanks a lot!!!
         Jump to Top
flylgwba
United Kingdom
#52  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 11/12/2014 at 17:06
Hello everyone i am a new recruit starting my training next month... looking at my contract i am a bit confussed.... of what would happen if for example LGW base had to close.... will we be without a job or what since it says the company can terminate the contract.... but we have permanent contract ... i cannot understand it sounds a bit contradicting or im too stressed and mixing up..

Also...

how come on the contract is stated just the basic pay ? of nearly 12,000 PA

however the amount of EHR is not listed... can somebody come tomarrrow and tell us there will be no EHR for example?

also... on The AD they mentioned a bonus of 150 PCM paid every quater of the year however it is not stipulated on the contract, Just like the staff travel,

if someone can help would be great thanks !! xxxxxx
         Jump to Top
Gail14
United Kingdom
#53  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 06/01/2015 at 20:47
Hi guys...

Anyone in the know with regards topic? BA crew and Drink Driving Conviction!!?

Xx
         Jump to Top
TravelBug2015
United Kingdom
#54  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 15/01/2015 at 15:21
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me.
I have an assessment day with BA next week. My email doesn't specify if I need to bring my GCSE certificates with me?
Unfortunately I have misplaced them and it will take the exam board 28 days to register a claim for a statement to prove my grades.
Do I need to take them with me or could a degree certificate suffice until I can get them?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you
         Jump to Top
< Prev Next >