- Double room - Heathrow

British Airways F.A.Qs

< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  A54Y    On:  Fri 12th September, 2014 at 19:33
Eve
#30  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 30/10/2014 at 18:14
Hi Guys,

Did you need to present references for the last five years to BA ? Did they ask about this / how detailed ? What if you couldn't, because of reasons: you don't have contact with your past employer, he has been changed ?
         Jump to Top
taomi
United Kingdom
#31  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 04/11/2014 at 20:11
Hello i'm in desperate need of wanting to know something.
i attended a British Airway Cabin Crew Mixed Fleet assessment day about 1 month ago and i was told that i could reapply for the role after 12 months from that date, however i could apply to a different role at any time.
would British Airways Cabin Crew Gatwick Fleet be considered as a different role?

thank you
         Jump to Top
LTN330
Australia
#33  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 05/11/2014 at 11:48
In reply to post #31...
This was answered not that long ago - not sure which thread though.

Basically, the air cabin crew role is the same whether LHR or LGW. You will have to wait for the 12 months to expire before you can apply for either base.

You are however allowed to apply for other jobs within the company such as ground staff, etc.
         Jump to Top
misszippy
United Kingdom
#34  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 06/11/2014 at 22:25
Can anyone help?. Where can I find a number to call the team so I can chase up a query?
Edited 29/01/2015 @ 16:19 Revision #1
         Jump to Top
bfly
Groupie
Germany
#35  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 07/11/2014 at 16:28
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me :)
I had an AD last on oct 31st was unsuccessful and I reapply this year on nov 1st... so i believed I waited the 12 months :) But i just got the email stating that i did not wait for the 12 month to elapse.....
Am I that bad in math ;)
         Jump to Top
ellem10
#36  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 08/11/2014 at 11:49
Hey
I'm ex-crew looking to get back into the role. I have seen both LHR mixed fleet and LGW are recruiting for cabin crew and am really undecided what base to apply for? I live an hour drive from each base and if successful would commute. A roster of short haul wouldn't be as cost effective in fuel as long haul for me so wondered what fleet is likely to provide the most long haul (least trips up to the airport)? Can anyone provide a summary of an average roster from each fleet? I understand the bidding system is in place, how successful is this? And does LGW use the system like mixed fleet where you can bid for days off etc?

Really appreciate any help, ultimately would be happy to work at either base
         Jump to Top
ellem10
#37  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 08/11/2014 at 12:07
Also can you tell me if gatwick fleet do back to back short haul trips on the same day?
         Jump to Top
M123
#38  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 09/11/2014 at 13:18
In reply to post #36...
Go for Mixed Fleet. Gatwick is a lot of short haul there and backs!

Some months on mixed fleet I don't have any Shorthaul.
         Jump to Top
Stevie B
#39  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 09/11/2014 at 18:36
In reply to post #36...
I am LGW based.

Routes and time/days off are subject to a bidding process. Most people seem satisifed with their requests.

Regarding M123's reply that is LGW is a lot of there and backs, yes it can be if you bid for them, but I haven't been near a shorthaul aircraft since August. My first shorthaul route in ages is this week, and have I picked it up from home standby. Following that I am back longhaul next weekend for the rest of the month.

We do operate s/haul nght stops at LGW, these are EDI, GLA, JER and in the summer NCE. These can vary between two-three day trips depending on the schedule.
         Jump to Top
user78013
#40  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 22/11/2014 at 18:08
Hello everyone!

I'm really newbie over here, so apologies if i'll be a little bit dumb

I've recently (about a day) applied in BA Careers website for the role of Cabin Crew....I'm very anxious and nervous to know the outcome...but can someone tell me normally what is the next steps? How long do they normally take to reply back and what shall I be prepared as in...NOW...
This is actually my biggest dream and I'm doing my best to turn it true...Hopefully it will...but please can someone give me some tips?

Thanks for your patience!
Claudio!
         Jump to Top
< Prev Next >