Add a new Topic
Search the Forums
Search
Latest Posts
- Emirates Recruitment Events 2020
- Assessment day Glasgow 15th of December
- Assessments, interviews & start dates
- New Recruitment Open 2019
- Awaiting Candidate Documents (Qatar Airways)
- EasyJet Staff travel
- Qantas medical
- Needed - room near to Gatwick
- Aer Lingus Cabin Crew 2019
- BA Training Mixed fleet accomodation - Heathrow

British Airways F.A.Qs

< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  A54Y    On:  Fri 12th September, 2014 at 19:33
Sakura
#19  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 19/10/2014 at 02:45
In reply to post #16...
Your maths is slightly out , although it's classed as a 9 day trip it currently stands at 177h and 55 mins which works out at £498.16 for the trip part of which is taxed. If you are going to go out and have "fun", see the sights etc,,,,, then you will earn nothing. A great trip but not a good earner, if you want to make money then stick to Kuwait & Abuja :-)
         Jump to Top
United States
#20  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 19/10/2014 at 08:48
In reply to post #19...
Interesting. How are Kuwait and Abuja rostered that they are better earners? Where I am now they can be treated like a US east coast back to back but at MF are you not off the clock for the day in between? We were in my time... with LAS and DEN .. no money for the one day off in between.
         Jump to Top
atansley
United Kingdom
#21  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 19/10/2014 at 13:10
In reply to post #19...
Apologies, I didn't have the exact number of hours for the trip but I was just trying to give a general overview of how the flight pay system works. As for the flight pay increase, as far as I believe most of us on mixed fleet are concerned this is a reasonable-ish deal. I for one personally recognise that we are never going to get everything we ask for but that this would be a fair compromise for now. I'd love interested to hear other peoples thoughts on this though.
         Jump to Top
M123
#22  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 19/10/2014 at 14:06
In reply to post #20...
Kuwait, Abuja, Lagos, Nairobi etc are good because you spend very little money downroute. From approx £120 allowances you can easily get away with spending just £20 of that

The near £500 more than covers the expenditure on the trip (or it did when I did them). I spent between £200-£300 per trip on mine and did loads of the tourist stuff and ate well.
         Jump to Top
fhartmann
Groupie
United Kingdom
#23  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 21/10/2014 at 00:44
In reply to post #20...
In reality any route can earn you money. It all boils down to what you do and eat. After a few times in a destination you might just decide to get some rest and not leave the hotel even if it is in Miami or Vegas.
And nope we are on the clock from sign on to 30mins after the flights scheduled arrival time. We don't have a 'day off' in our US trips. LAS, ORD,MIA are all nightstops, as with majority of our trips. GIG, HND,ICN,SIN are basically the only places we get a clear day.
         Jump to Top
user75427
#24  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 24/10/2014 at 11:47
Apologies if this has been answered time and time again but does any MF crew commute from the north?

Thanks
Guys
         Jump to Top
Dolly8
Groupie
United Kingdom
#25  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 28/10/2014 at 19:25
*When you start on Mixed Fleet are you trained to work in just Economy? and then progress up with additional training for business and first?

Thanks
Dolly8
         Jump to Top
M123
#26  Re: British Airways F.A.Qs  Posted 28/10/2014 at 19:46
In reply to post #25...
You will work in both Business and Economy when you first start, and do your First training after approximately one year.

Some new entrants will also be trained to work on the A380 from next year!
         Jump to Top
Eve
#27  Requirements, HELP  Posted 29/10/2014 at 19:13
Hi guys,

I was hoping to get any advice from you which has passed the application process.
I saw that BA requires : To have grade C or above in Maths and English GCSE (or equivalent) or higher level qualification.

I have higher degree (Bachelor) however I studied in Poland. I live in London for 2,5 year so I speak fluently. But I wonder if I should get any additional tests in Maths and English to have a certificate just to proof above qualifications or I will be tested during AD ???????

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
         Jump to Top
robyn2k16
#28  Re: Requirements, HELP  Posted 29/10/2014 at 21:59
In reply to post #27...
They do not test you on AD's. They do not ask to see proof of qualifications. Taking them would be unnecessary. As far as I am aware those people who suggested they spoke additional languages were not tested either - especially not in the group and with the crew I worked with last year.
         Jump to Top
< Prev Next >