profile image
albaker
Before Applying for Qatar Airways
profile image
Aerovolo
hello, I am thinking to go for interview for qatar, but i would need to ask u some info., andd moreover I am 35 yold ,.

Can u reply in my email please?
Thanks a lot

email; pietrogallo19@hotmail.it
profile image
Aerovolo
hello i am an italian boy , I am 35 years old, and I would like go working in qatar and save.

I have made experiences in customare care,working in Hotels and so on, but I think I am too old actualy.

Is true age limit is 35?I really do not know if i would have chance, I really like young but i am 35.
Thanks a lot
Pietro
profile image
Aerovolo
hello i am an italian boy, I am 35 years old, and I would like go working in qatar and save.

I have made experiences in customare care,working in Hotels and so on, but I think I am too old actualy.

Is true age limit is 35?I really do not know if i would have chance,honestly i do not see so much chance. I really like young but i am 35.
Thanks a lot
Pietro
profile image
Aerovolo
hello i am an italian boy, I am 35 years old, and I would like go working in qatar and save.

Is true age limit is 35?I really do not know if i would have chance,honestly i do not see so much chance. I really like young but i am 35.
Thanks a lot
Pietro
profile image
BabyGFairy
Hello Guys! Good Luck 2 ALL from my heart! Does anyone know the case when somebody leave/ or get hired from QA and CANNOT stay at State of Qatar and If wants may come back only after 2 years? Is anyone aware for this? Please provide any LINK or INFOS about it! SOS SOS SOS

Thanks a lot. .
profile image
user16937
Very true people.I too agree with flite_girl231,I think a BBC documentary should me made on how the crew of Qatar airways is been exploited and treat like slaves.though I am not from ur country but I willingly support the idea of a documentary.
My closed ones have worked for Qatar and when asked bout their experience they say they really made a wrong choice.It is very true they really do work under the fear of Getting terminated everyday.

I gave my interview for EK and QR at the gap of two days.I made it till final in EK but unfortunately got a regret mail and I got through QR.Before sending my Medical reports I first did a research and found EK anyday better than QR.so i decided to wait for EK.
"WORKING WITH QATAR AIRWAYS IS LIKE GVING UP UR PERSONAL LIFE AND STAYING IN DOHA IS LIKE STAYING IN MODERN JAIL"these are the lines said by a EX qatar cabin crew.

so people you can imagine do we really want to go for a company which is a "MODERN JAIL" ???????staying in Doha is also no exciting city, it is a very boring one.

I am happy I took a right decision of declining my offer for QRand waiting for EK or Ethiad.
profile image
flite_girl231
Thanks for your support sx777, you definitely chose the smart option
emirates seem to prefer their crew fresh and new to the industry anyway, and anything to do with qatar airways will be seen as a definite slur on your CV, they have all sorts of issues and tie ins with that company so its best avoided.
Baby G, i have never heard of such a thing. My friend left QR, went back to south africa, got married, and returned to qatar to live with her new husband (he works in doha). I dont think she had any problems, she only went back to SA for a few weeks to apply for the new visa!
But it wouldnt surprise me if you got on the wrong side of CEO maybe he would try and stop you from returning..hes got all sorts of contacts in immigration + the police.
profile image
Nr.1228
Thank you God....that I've seen this before going tomorow to Screening. I better wait for the Emirates. I really consider this luck:) Thank you for sharing this unpleasant experience with all of us and maybe future silly flight attendants.
profile image
imnot4sale
I think this heads up is more of a retaliation than of a warning. Let me just get this straight, you signed up to be a cabin crew to work, right? It just seems that your defense makes no valid argument compare to their strict rules you've mentioned as it all comes down to you "reacting" due to being unable to do things you thought you could when you first signed that contract.

Let's disect this one by one. On your first subject, you pulled an" I-hate-this-management-cos-there-is-curfew". What were you expecting? This is Qatar sweetheart, it's not as liberated as the other countries you comapre it with like Abu Dhabi or Dubai. Normally, when I get a call back from a company, I do a research about the company itself and of the country regulations as well. I don't when you were born and seems to have never known the conservative muslim culture. On visiting hours, again, my above statement is relevant. Before you make your complaints, "researching" could've given you a fore-warning regarding the culture or the environment of where you will be living. "Minimum rest": Ahhhh this is where its get's exciting. A flight attendant is given 2 or 3 consecutive days off prior to their next 4 day roster. Meaning an attendant caught napping while in the aircraft is not acceptable regardless of the reason. It is not even argueable! Imagine working in the office and then ended up falling asleep and when caught, you say you ran an errand last night which caused less hours of sleep? That sure is a pathetic excuse. Now, given that the company has broken the 12hr- rule. You would only have 10 hours of "rest". I don't think 8 hours of sleep isn't enough & 2 hrs to prep up and pack your belongings isn't enough. I mean, unless you intend to deliberate on which party dress to bring and which pair of high heels would be suitable to slut around the city you'd be landing to, then yes, 10 hours is probably not enough. On the dating part, every international company has that rule on one of their Code of Conduct books. Relationships within the workforce is strictly prohibited as that can affect the performance and cloud ones judgement; a liability a company cannot risk.

Salary, how do you expect a company pay you the right amount if you have breached an intially agreed contract? Makes sense? Though I disagree that a specific desciplinary action is also given to those who have not the same.

“If you think you come here for F....ing, think again. You come here to work.”
Or, “if you came here to f....k young girls, go home.”
He has also said something like this, “you didn’t come here to travel, you came here to serve passengers.” - this right here is my favorite part and you topping it up by saying this statement has made you think twice about continuing with Qatar Airways was the cherry on top of the cake. You have proven that my speculations above were all true. Whoever thought that being a waitress up there is fun is probably high on drugs. Airline companies change their crews like one changes clothes. You are nothing but a shiny accessory to their aircraft when your new, but as soon the color tarnishes, they replace you with a shinier piece. Qatar Airways has done a great job on disciplining their crews. It has probihited sluts from multiplying.
profile image
EXQRCrew
I could agree with you with all that you just said... but there is only one thing... I got fired because I came 20 minutes too late to my accommodation. it happened only once, my file was perfectly clean as well as my performance... still they sent me back home in less then 12h. I hardly had time to pull myself together and pack because I was in a state of shock.
btw I love that job and I love the way everything is organized in the company and I miss it...

Other discussions going on within Middle East Airlines Forum

Inflight Chef Etihad, Turkish...
6  1.11k 2 months ago
6 1.11k 2 months ago by sayeed shazz
Emirates Qualifications Query
4  2.25k 2 years ago
4 2.25k 2 years ago by david kane
Emirates app - complete in one...
7  1.83k 1 year ago
7 1.83k 1 year ago by hoai88
Qatar Amiri flight is hiring f...
8  8.19k 1 year ago
8 8.19k 1 year ago by su xeko
Emirates mental health medical...
8  2.9k 1 month ago
8 2.9k 1 month ago by anniesteuber

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Jet2 All posts relating to Jet2
64  248.77k 11 months ago
64 248.77k 11 months ago by Andrew E. Briscoe
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.44k 1 year ago
93 408.44k 1 year ago by David_Hume
British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 8 months ago
40 6k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.31k 1 year ago
162 634.31k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle
Aer Lingus All posts relating to Aer Lingus
39  427.49k 1 year ago
39 427.49k 1 year ago by Aaron