Before Applying for Qatar Airways

< Prev
Author
  Topic Started By:  albaker    On:  Thu 2nd February, 2012 at 08:57
FullFlaps
United Kingdom
#160  Re: Before Applying for Qatar Airways  Posted 27/01/2017 at 19:11
In reply to post #152...
hes from Emirates not Qatar, 'senior flight supervisor' is an Emirates job title
         Jump to Top
Adin88
#161  Re: Before Applying for Qatar Airways  Posted 13/01/2018 at 19:52
In reply to post #1...
... unfortunately i must agree with you.

Its 2018. I was working for them for some years.Recently I came back home. The management which is handling Cabin Crew Department... are TERIBBLE people!!! Absolutly terrible! For any small mistake they will make a big issue out of it. And for any reason your contract may be terminated. I had one friend she was terminated because her guest stood 4 extra minutes in the acoomodation (guessts are allowed to stay until 22.00). I have thousands of stories (which I have lived and heard, and meet with my colleagues) and I must tell you: unfortunately the management is very bad and they still dont care about Crew. They care about their business. I would NOT recommend this company to anybody who loves to live peacefully. In the training one trainer said " anytime there is somebody else there who can take your place".They place fear in to people for loosing their jobs and most of them are from Asia.

The grooming? well... everything which is tight and you enter any of the offices they will tell you to leave the Tower! straight in the face because your trousers are too tight. I had a fried she was not wearing makeup... her mother in law dies few days back. She went to the office to ask for Leave and the grooming officer once meet her on the elevator started asking why she is not wearing make up and she shoudl now the standards,,,

At the briefing office one supervisor is telling clearly: "Nobody askes WHY, this is attitude and we do not tolerate it. You must do what your supervisor is telling you to do whitout asking why!"

AND THEY DARE to treat like this only crew.

... guys, trust me,, go anywhere else... but not in qatar airways.
         Jump to Top
Adin88
#162  Re: Before Applying for Qatar Airways  Posted 13/01/2018 at 19:52
In reply to post #13...
Emirates will not hire you if you have experience with Qatar Airways.
just to let you know
         Jump to Top
ssyorkieyorkss
#163  Re: Before Applying for Qatar Airways  Posted 14/01/2018 at 15:58
In reply to post #162...
what do you mean ‘they will not hire you if you have an experience with Qatar airways’ Can you specify? please?
         Jump to Top
otavio
#164  Re: Before Applying for Qatar Airways  Posted 24/01/2018 at 14:39
In reply to post #162...

Originally posted by Adin88

Emirates will not hire you if you have experience with Qatar Airways.
just to let you know

I know at least 4 people who worked for Qatar Airways, and then got a job on Emirates.
         Jump to Top
lullaby123
#165  Re: Before Applying for Qatar Airways  Posted 29/05/2018 at 23:54
In reply to post #1...
hello. I wanted to ask if you can still apply if you have a family member still in training for QA?
         Jump to Top
user68644
#166  Re: Before Applying for Qatar Airways  Posted 10/06/2018 at 23:05
Hey there all, I haven't got the renewal of my contract in banana airlines based in burj khalifa land because of too many sick incidents Planning to apply to qatar just to stay a bit more in the middle east to be able to save 10k euros more Does anybody know if QA hires crew with previews ek experience? Cheers xoxo
         Jump to Top
Desert_Hostie
United Arab Emirates
#167  Re: Before Applying for Qatar Airways  Posted 12/06/2018 at 03:10
In reply to post #162...
Lol that is so not true, I flew with tons of ex QR crew.

You might be thinking of the old agreement they had not to hire each others' pilots.

But consider that it's hard to fly anywhere within the Gulf with the embargo on Qatar. You can't just fly to Dubai or Abu Dhabi for a weekend or to go to a concert etc...
         Jump to Top
anako
#168  Re: Before Applying for Qatar Airways  Posted 15/04/2019 at 11:07
In reply to post #167...
To be honest, you shouldn't really work in any of the Middle East airlines... Just ask yourself, why don't they hire their own people? And why do they pay so much attention to Crew's looks? The answer is: because they want mascots and because noone living in any of these countries would work for that little money. It doesn't matter if it's QA or Emirates or Etihad. They don't really consider you equal or worth their attention as a person and human being. QA is the most obvious example, they are looking for SLAVES, not employees, and it's not an overstatement. Other airlines might hide it better, but they have a very similar mentality. If they treat you OK it's only because they make loads of money off your work and because they are scared of a bad opinion in the West which = less money. Don't get blinded.

Okay, I do understand that for some people the job seems like a good money opportunity, but consider it twice if it's really worth it.
         Jump to Top
< Prev