profile image
albaker
Before Applying for Qatar Airways
profile image
memphis83
i note what you say but a bit misleading to say saudi country when i'll be based in doha, i guess what you mean is a middle eastern country. hopefully if i get the job who knows we might work together lol!
profile image
nexx27
The situation is still the same... they don't need the best, they just need people that can live in such conditions... 90% of their crew are asians... you find a 10% of westerns that resign as soos as they can or got terminated.
profile image
memphis83
thanks for your reply. just curious what is your accomodation like and is it located in a good area?
profile image
sanjamarikj24
Do i need to wait for a year to join qr if i have previously worked for ek?
profile image
Jennie25
Hi Qatar (ex or current) cc! I'd like to hear from you - most likely from.ex cc since current aren't allowed to talk about it due to confidelity.
However, I'd like to gather some information from cc working for them in past few months or max in past year so I could get a picture how is it like to work for them at the moment not like few years ago. I cannot decide whether it isn't that bad and it's just a normal working environment with some strict rules or is it actually like 'Alcatraz' where you cannot even leave country on days off/get not so many days off as EK or EY. If anyone would be willing to help me get a whole picture and make my decision easier, please PM me. Thank you
profile image
FullFlaps
hes from Emirates not Qatar, 'senior flight supervisor' is an Emirates job title
profile image
Adin88
... unfortunately i must agree with you.

Its 2018. I was working for them for some years.Recently I came back home. The management which is handling Cabin Crew Department... are TERIBBLE people!!! Absolutly terrible! For any small mistake they will make a big issue out of it. And for any reason your contract may be terminated. I had one friend she was terminated because her guest stood 4 extra minutes in the acoomodation (guessts are allowed to stay until 22.00). I have thousands of stories (which I have lived and heard, and meet with my colleagues) and I must tell you: unfortunately the management is very bad and they still dont care about Crew. They care about their business. I would NOT recommend this company to anybody who loves to live peacefully. In the training one trainer said " anytime there is somebody else there who can take your place".They place fear in to people for loosing their jobs and most of them are from Asia.

The grooming? well... everything which is tight and you enter any of the offices they will tell you to leave the Tower! straight in the face because your trousers are too tight. I had a fried she was not wearing makeup... her mother in law dies few days back. She went to the office to ask for Leave and the grooming officer once meet her on the elevator started asking why she is not wearing make up and she shoudl now the standards,,,

At the briefing office one supervisor is telling clearly: "Nobody askes WHY, this is attitude and we do not tolerate it. You must do what your supervisor is telling you to do whitout asking why!"

AND THEY DARE to treat like this only crew.

... guys, trust me,, go anywhere else... but not in qatar airways.
profile image
Adin88
Emirates will not hire you if you have experience with Qatar Airways.
just to let you know
profile image
ssyorkieyorkss
what do you mean ‘they will not hire you if you have an experience with Qatar airways’ Can you specify? please?
profile image
otavio
Originally posted by @Adin88
Emirates will not hire you if you have experience with Qatar Airways.
just to let you know

I know at least 4 people who worked for Qatar Airways, and then got a job on Emirates.

Other discussions going on within Middle East Airlines Forum

Inflight Chef Etihad, Turkish...
6  1.11k 2 months ago
6 1.11k 2 months ago by sayeed shazz
Emirates Qualifications Query
4  2.25k 2 years ago
4 2.25k 2 years ago by david kane
Emirates app - complete in one...
7  1.83k 1 year ago
7 1.83k 1 year ago by hoai88
Qatar Amiri flight is hiring f...
8  8.21k 1 year ago
8 8.21k 1 year ago by su xeko
Emirates mental health medical...
8  2.91k 1 month ago
8 2.91k 1 month ago by anniesteuber

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Aer Lingus All posts relating to Aer Lingus
39  427.51k 1 year ago
39 427.51k 1 year ago by Aaron
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.35k 1 year ago
162 634.35k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.47k 1 year ago
93 408.47k 1 year ago by David_Hume
British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 8 months ago
40 6k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  595.15k 9 months ago
266 595.15k 9 months ago by KL17