BA Mixed Fleet....mixed reports..

< Prev
Author
  Topic Started By:  newgirl1    On:  Wed 25th May, 2011 at 09:24
atansley
United Kingdom
#24  Re: BA Mixed Fleet....mixed reports..  Posted 30/11/2014 at 18:07
In reply to post #23...
I'm not going to lie, it's tough! I've done well over a hundred hours this month so I'm hoping things will start to slow down soon..

Chicago (3 day trip, 2 off), Seoul (4day trip, 2 off), Rio (4 day trip, 2 off), CapeTown (4 day trip, 3 off) and I'm just I'm the middle of a SIN-SYD (9 day trip, 3 off)

Hope this helps xx
Edited 30/11/2014 @ 18:08 Revision #1
         Jump to Top
faith_lou
#25  Re: BA Mixed Fleet....mixed reports..  Posted 30/11/2014 at 22:26
In reply to post #24...
thanks for your reply, it does sound tough, but i guese its a good way to see the world and get great exsperience with the job its self. i think i will give it a year and see how it goes, coz london is so exspensive, and its gona be tough being away from my partner like that, but if i dont do it i will all ways wonder what if? its gona break the bank but im hoping its worth the exsperience.

cant beleive they make you work that many hours, at that rait your gona hit your 900.

what would happen if you bid all long haul, i take it you wouldnt get all long haul only?
xxxx
         Jump to Top
bryony1
#27  Re: BA Mixed Fleet....mixed reports..  Posted 17/05/2016 at 12:52
In reply to post #25...
BA Mixed Fleet is a very tough job. Long hours and poor pay. It is a harsh regime.
         Jump to Top
Yutta90
Italy
#28  Re: BA Mixed Fleet....mixed reports..  Posted 18/05/2016 at 10:03
In reply to post #27...
I know a guy that is working in the Training management department in BA and he always told me that BA don't even want people to stay longer in the contract so they try to not keep people in for many years so BA don't have to pay for pensions and so on that's the reason for crap salary it's actually forcing people to leave at a certain point which is no longer that's 2-3 years
         Jump to Top
Charlesuk
#29  Re: BA Mixed Fleet....mixed reports..  Posted 19/05/2016 at 00:06
In reply to post #27...
Very true people think BA mixed fleet is the best ever job, is not even a career to be honest. I recommend people to think twice before apply with them.
         Jump to Top
AuroreC
#30  Re: BA Mixed Fleet....mixed reports..  Posted 23/01/2017 at 20:47
Hi,

Just hired for a CCM position with mixed fleet and a provisional starting date. In the documents I received, they requested a National Insurance number.

My issue is that I am belgian and currently living in Belgium .. I was thinking about commuting (and staying at hotel during duty days) but It seems that applying for a national insurance number is only possible if you live in the UK.

Is anyone in the same situation as me ? Anyone flying for BA and living abroad ?

Thanks in advance for any information you could provide
         Jump to Top
< Prev