profile image
Flyboy001
BA medical assessment
profile image
LaurenH1993x
Hello all,

I have my uniform fitting and medical assessment on 31st march, what kind of clothing should I wear? Smart or just normal type of clothes?

Thanks
Lauren
profile image
Peachtrees
I wore smart casual.
When is your start date?
profile image
LaurenH1993x
Hi,

My start date is 26th April.

Lauren :)
profile image
Jess Wright
I have my fitting the same day!! What time is yours mine is 10am? I start on the 24th of April :) xx
profile image
Jessica_
Hey everyone,

I've just received my new starter pack and need to make my appointments for medical and uniform. A have a mental health condition, which I have been completely honest about from the start, but on the BA medical questionnaire it specifically asks if you have previously attempted suicide. My honesty about disclosing my condition caused bother at the previous airline I worked for (long story, and it's currently going through a tribunal so I can't elaborate at present), but I was eventually cleared as fit to fly. If anyone who has been through the BA medical and has/had mental health conditions that they've disclosed and you wouldn't mind talking to me I'd be very grateful if you could send me a private message as I have a few questions I'd like answers to. I know things like this would probably prove useful to other people too, so apologies for requesting a private message. It's just I don't want anything said on the public forum that could affect my ongoing case against my former employer.

Thank you
profile image
Peachtrees
Have you sorted accomodation?
profile image
Glamour35
I have the same problem, I am sure it's fine if you are controlling it with medication. Please let me know the outcome, I will really appreciate your reply thanks. I am yet to go for mine.
profile image
mustbe_sunny1
Does anyone know if your anti depressants you will get through the assessment?
profile image
Jessica_
From what I'm aware there are a list of allowed medications, and many antidepressants are on it. I know Sertraline definitely is because I'm on that. I had my medical earlier this week and discussed my mental health condition with the doctor. I was so worried about this after my experience of being so honest with the airline I used to work for, but I needn't have been. The British Aiways doctor was very knowledgable and understanding about my condition. The CAA guidelines state you need a satisfactory aeromedical evaluation, and for the doctor to be satisfied that you're fit they want to know that your condition is stable, that you're insightful and that you're compliant with medication. If you've got a medical coming up maybe pop to your GP and ask them to write a letter covering this to take with you.
profile image
Jess Wright
Hi everyone,

I have been through all the process most of you are going through now or are hoping to with the AD, referencing, getting a start date to booking your uniform fitting, appointment at the US embassy, CRC etc.

I'm thinking about starting up vlogging/blogging again on youtube and I think it would be a great idea if I put all the info I have that I've learnt, found out along the way and also all the stuff I wanted to know before apply/awaiting start date etc. I'm talking all the main things like time frames what you need to do etc down to the things you wouldnt think about like if I want to take my laptop for the journey on the train to the us embassy (they dont allow laptops etc in there) where you can store them, which I wish I knew as I had a very boring train ride!

I'd love to answer any questions in this video to so please feel free to drop me an inbox with any questions you would like me to answer or anything you want me to add in the video, I'm hoping to have it filmed and up by sunday.

Also thinking of doing this throughout the training - updates etc so you can really get to know what BA is like and what you have to do to get to the end result.

Hope to answer any questions and I'll post the video when its done

Jess

xx

Other discussions going on within British Airways

Uniform
69  113.94k 8 months ago
69 113.94k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
British Airways - Training Dat... I received confirmation on 17th February that I ha...
0  1.38k -
0 1.38k -
General Info and questions abo...
3.12k  1k 4 years ago
3.12k 1k 4 years ago by Flying_Nurse
Accomodation, Specific to BA
1.35k  388.65k 2 years ago
1.35k 388.65k 2 years ago by Dolly1988
Assessments, interviews & star...
11.31k  2k 2 years ago
11.31k 2k 2 years ago by DavyP1972

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

FLYBE News and Views from those at Flybe
27  193.77k 3 years ago
27 193.77k 3 years ago by juankax
Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Aer Lingus All posts relating to Aer Lingus
39  427.49k 1 year ago
39 427.49k 1 year ago by Aaron
Qantas UK Forum For those working at Qantas UK
31  372.63k 1 year ago
31 372.63k 1 year ago by Charles Carter
Jet2 All posts relating to Jet2
64  248.77k 11 months ago
64 248.77k 11 months ago by Andrew E. Briscoe