profile image
Flyboy001
BA medical assessment
profile image
Kella
Hi everyone, is there anyone who is starting the 11/0/2017?

Im suppose to book my medical and uniform fitting date but Im unable to open the link sent, am I the only one?
profile image
Sunil Sandhu
Brilliant. Did you find out if you passed the medical that day? Thanks and thanks for the info. Very helpful xx
profile image
Jessica_
Yes I did I had a recent letter from my GP which confirmed my diagnosis, stated my medication, and stated that I am compliant with it and insightful into my condition, and have been stable on my medication for the past few years. As an employer they want to make sure that you're aware of your triggers and that you can recognise when things are beginning to go wrong. Nobody knows your condition better than you, and as long as your GP (or psych, whoever you're under the care of) can confirm that you're all the above then there is no reason or indication for the BA doctor to be concerned. The CAA guidelines state that a satisfactory aeromedical examination is able to deem you as fit to fly. If the BA doc wants any more info you'll be asked to go back to your GP/psych for it. I was utterly terrified after the experience at my previous airline - one of the doctors saw I had a mental health condition and genuinely looked scared and said he couldn't sign me off as fit because of the GermanWings plane crash!! Yes really, a comparison made to an supposed mass murderer. Stigma at its finest!
profile image
mustbe_sunny1
That's absolutely brilliant. I'm really really happy and pleased for you. Hope our paths cross at BA :-)
profile image
ryan1982
Good afternoon one and all,

After being offered the job back at the end of August last year and going through the referencing process for around 8 months I finally received my conditional start date earlier today, I start 1st May (mixed fleet - LHR).

I just have a question regarding the medical, in particular BMI and whether it's important or not! I'm a guy, quite short, but broad shouldered and my BMI is always high, officially I'm classed as obese (even though I'm really not!) I'm carrying a bit of extra weight, but certainly not obese! Anyway, I'm a bit worried that because my BMI is high that it will be a disqualifying factor. Is anyone able to tell me if it's going to be an issue.

Many thanks, Ryan
profile image
adias17
Hello There!

I had my medical on Wednesday and my BMI is also really high (obese even tho im not) I am short and the nurse just asked if I exercise , diet etc as long as you can fit in the seat and walk the aisle without any problems i dont see it being an issue, as I said the nurse and Doctor may ask you about your diet exercise etc but I didnt feel bad about it, the nurse did say to be careful.

I have been exercising a lot since I got my offer as I was super worried just try to relax everyone is really helpfull.
profile image
ryan1982
Thanks so much for the reply and for putting my mind at ease.
I haven't actually booked my medical yet, but have lost a load of weight in the last month, so am going to try to drop some more prior to my medical. But good to know that a high BMI isn't a disqualifying factor.
profile image
micha96
As a cabin crew applicant, what is the disqualifying medical report?
'Am worried because i've found out that my levoscolliosis is 11° angle although the doctor signed "FIT TO WORK" in my report..pls enlighten me..
profile image
Quastie1
I will be getting Lasik eye surgery in the States, five days before my Medical Assessment at BA. All should go well, but I was told that I will need to refrain from anything that will make me sweat for a week. My training for BA is the 13 of June. I highly doubt I will be doing anything to make me sweat. And aren't wet drills done later?
profile image
Does anyone know if you are allowed to take the following:

Ramipril - for blood pressure

Amitriptyline - used to help me get to sleep (very stressful job at the moment and cant switch off!)

I can't seem to get any information on this.

Thanks

Davy

Other discussions going on within British Airways

Uniform
69  113.93k 8 months ago
69 113.93k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
British Airways - Training Dat... I received confirmation on 17th February that I ha...
0  1.32k -
0 1.32k -
General Info and questions abo...
3.12k  1k 4 years ago
3.12k 1k 4 years ago by Flying_Nurse
Accomodation, Specific to BA
1.35k  388.62k 2 years ago
1.35k 388.62k 2 years ago by Dolly1988
Assessments, interviews & star...
11.31k  2k 2 years ago
11.31k 2k 2 years ago by DavyP1972

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  594.82k 8 months ago
266 594.82k 8 months ago by KL17
Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.12k 1 year ago
162 634.12k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle
Regional Airline Operators For those who are operating regional services
10  67.39k 4 years ago
10 67.39k 4 years ago by user16937
Qantas UK Forum For those working at Qantas UK
31  372.52k 1 year ago
31 372.52k 1 year ago by Charles Carter