Add a new Topic
Search the Forums
Search
Latest Posts
- Qatar On Boarding Zone
- Qatar Reassessment
- Short-listed application for Etihad
- Assessment day in Dubai
- Does Etihad accept ex Emirates Cabin Crew?
- Assessments, interviews & start dates
- Furnished Double Room £600 PCM -Heathrow
- General Info and questions about Mixed Fleet
- How long to hear from Qatar after Final Interview
- Daughter no longer at EasyJet, need staff travel

BA Customer Service Representative LHR

Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  seatibizacupra    On:  Fri 20th December, 2013 at 01:06
seatibizacupra
Groupie
#1  BA Customer Service Representative LHR  Posted 20/12/2013 at 01:06
I went along to the assessment for customer service representative at LHR and was successful. I think I will be rejecting the offer however due to the below.

1) Fixed term contract of only 8 months (we are reminded we are on probation for 6 of these)

2) Im not sure but I think there are no travel concessions.

3) Low pay.

4) 5 hour shifts of which there is a 20 min unpaid break.

Does anyone know if any concessions will be available and any opinions will be appreciated
         Jump to Top
user10199
#2  Re: BA Customer Service Representative LHR  Posted 20/12/2013 at 13:55
In reply to post #1...
I believe you will get concessions after 6 months, but please anyone correct me if I'm wrong. If you don't mess it up i'm sure you will have no problems in passing the probation period. Plus you will get your concessions before your contract ends, and you may be able to travel after your contract to a nice destination...

I have worked in the airport as a Customer Service Agent, and in a 5 hour shift at the airport you don't really "need" a big break, so you will probably be fine with those 20 min.

And even thought it is a fixed term contract, chances are you may get offered more contracts in the future plus you may be able to apply to other areas as a internal applicant.

If I were you I would consider this as an opportunity to join BA, which may mean in the long term a smart move.

There is a permanent position at gatwick available, you may want to take a look at it:

http://careers.britishairways.com/fe/tpl_ba01.asp?s=4A515F4E5A565B1A&jobid=57875,6534232314&key=61774200&c=985199255259&pagestamp=seofvsgfbzkfvgqqbf

Good luck with your decision!
         Jump to Top
Little minx
#3  Re: BA Customer Service Representative LHR  Posted 20/12/2013 at 13:57
In reply to post #1...
Concessions might only be available once you become permanent. Not sure.
I expect this job might become permanent at the end of the contract, that seems to be something they do a lot nowadays.

Does not sound like a good deal at all.

The LGW contracts are full time but they also seem to be low paid according to a friend I have that works at LGW. Strange the job adverts don't show the salary.
Edited 20/12/2013 @ 14:00 Revision #2
         Jump to Top
user10199
#4  Re: BA Customer Service Representative LHR  Posted 20/12/2013 at 14:01
In reply to post #3...

Originally posted by Little minx

Strange the job adverts don't show the salary.

Yup, that's strange isn't it?
         Jump to Top
Little minx
#5  Re: BA Customer Service Representative LHR  Posted 20/12/2013 at 14:07
In reply to post #4...
seatibizacupra

What is the pay for the LHR job.

I was told by someone that the LGW job was a basic of £13000 pa plus commission but that sounds so low and not sure that commission would be much!

I am finding it hard to understand why BA are doing this as a high turnover of staff, which these kind of wages create, means that the level of expertise starts to dilute and the professionalism starts to erode.
         Jump to Top
seatibizacupra
Groupie
#6  Re: BA Customer Service Representative LHR  Posted 20/12/2013 at 14:11
In reply to post #3...
The issue wasnt about a 20 min break not being enough, but rather more not worth it travelling to work just for 5 hours when you are factoring in travelling to and from work.

With varying shifts of just 5 hours it would be impossible to hold down another job, yet at just 20 hours with average pay and no benefits it would be hard to make ends meet.

I suspect concessions are not available to staff on temporary contracts, nothing was mentioned.

Also not very impressed that on the website it sais permanent and temporary contracts are available, then at the presentation they say only temporary contracts are being given.

Pretty crappy conditions and decided to reject their offer
         Jump to Top
seatibizacupra
Groupie
#7  Re: BA Customer Service Representative LHR  Posted 20/12/2013 at 14:14
In reply to post #5...
I am pleased to confirm the following offer of employment as Customer Service Representative with a start date of 01 April 2014.

This is a part-time, Fixed Term Contract, with an end date of 31st December 2014.

This offer of employment and the continuation of your employment by the Company are conditional at all times on:

· The Company receiving satisfactory references and Criminal Record Check in time for you to start
· Your continued right to live and work in the United Kingdom
· Your medical fitness being of a standard satisfactory to the Company
· You holding or obtaining any qualifications, certificates, licenses or passing any training courses necessary to do your job
· The first 6 months of your employment are probationary

If at any time you fail to fulfill any one or more of these conditions, your employment may be terminated.

Salary
Your basic starting salary will be £9,982.66 per annum (pro-rated from full-time). This will increase to £10,481.87 after 6 months. You will also receive the shift pay that your roster attracts. Your normal hours of work are 21.8 hours per week.

Further details relating to your employment will be supplied to you in your contract, which will follow in due course upon your written acceptance of this offer.

Please email your response to BARecruitment@ba.com as to whether you wish to accept or decline this offer, by 1700, Monday 23 December 2013. If we have not had an acknowledgement of this email and a confirmation of your acceptance or decline, by 1700, Monday 23 December 2013, we shall assume that you are no longer interested in the position and withdraw the offer.

I wish you every success in your new role.

Yours sincerely,
         Jump to Top
Mimi Coco
#8  Re: BA Customer Service Representative LHR  Posted 20/12/2013 at 14:50
In reply to post #7...
I agree this is not a very good offer. The payment is just about the same as what a ground handling agency would offer at LHR. I expected it to be a bit more.

Also as far as I remember BA have not recruited for a full time perm position at LHR in years and it does not look like they plan to.

If they wanted people on full time perm contracts, I guess they would have recruited them?
Edited 20/12/2013 @ 14:53 Revision #2
         Jump to Top
user10199
#9  Re: BA Customer Service Representative LHR  Posted 20/12/2013 at 14:57
In reply to post #6...
Understood your point ;)
         Jump to Top
Miss H
#10  Re: BA Customer Service Representative LHR  Posted 21/04/2014 at 09:33
In reply to post #7...
Hi

Im going to the interview tomorrow for this role as part time too. Any tips please I would really appreciate. Im hoping to get the job, its the assessment day tomorrow first stage.

Thanks all
         Jump to Top
Next >