brighton_rocks
Assessments, interviews & start dates
profile image
Followadreamer
I didnt have the card neither and they were ok with the letter

Good Luck :D
profile image
MissInternational83
Hi guys, firstly well done for all those who have passed assessment day.
I’m virgin crew who lives just off bath road.
10 min to t5 and 5 to t1-3.
Looking for short or long term rent for my spare room.
It’s a large house with only myself living here so a lot of the time you will get the house to yourself to revise or chill out infringe of the tv.
Quiet, clean homely home. After 13 years of flying there is nothing better then coming home to a clean relaxed environment.,

For further details/ pics please contact me on here or 07940135894.

Vanessa xxx
profile image
karinajones
Hey, does anyone have their start date for LGW on 28th January for sky people and BA training on 5th February? Would love to hear from you if you do! Karina xx
profile image
Darren_BA
Hi,

I am starting training on the 14th Feb with BA and wanting to see who else maybe on my course.

Also I am looking for long term accommodation or someone to flat share with.
profile image
amilinley
Hello!
I start at BA CityFlyer on the 19th Feb and would be lovely to get to know anyone who’s due to start with me! So exciting!??
Thanks, Ami x
profile image
Soniab10
Hey guys I don’t know if anyone could help me. I have an assessment day coming up but I’m so scared about the reach test. I’m only 5’1ft I know the height is 5’2ft but lots of people have told me if I can do the reach test I should be fine. However looking at the reach test 6’7 ft is pretty high just wondering is it really 6’7ft? I’m so nervous because I have been sent home because of my height!! Can someone please help me ????
profile image
redfinch
Hi guys
I start my 6-week training in April and I have my best friend's wedding at the beginning of June (nightmare situation). It's on a Saturday and I'm just wondering if there are often days or weekends off between training. Or if I have to wait til I get my training schedule through.

Of course I would have to choose BA and not go to the wedding but it could seriously test a friendship.

Hope someone can help!
profile image
monkeylad1234
heard back on friday that i was successful! so happy, has anyone else had an email confirming their success?
profile image
Astraois
Hi Sonia! I had my AD last week and can confirm how the reach test section works.

Basically, you have to be able to reach up into a mock overhead compartment and firmly hold on to a first aid kit inside, which tests how far you can reach. You'll then be measured physically with a kind of slide measure like they use at doctors' offices/hospitals. You'll also hold on to a mock cabin door with your right hand and reach down and grab a cord on the floor with your left.

So, they do state that you need to be between 5'2" and 6'1" on the BA website, but I'm not 100% sure how strict they are on that if you're off by just an inch.

I believe the way they put it was that your reach with your first closed has to be just over two metres (which is about 6'7" as you mention). To check this, you could use a tape measure at home and make a little pencil mark on the wall or use masking tape if you're able to see if you can reach that high.

Hope that helps!! I would say if you aren't totally sure, go along anyway and give it a go if you really want to try for the job! You might just about be alright.
profile image
Kristy
Hi all does anyone have an AD on the 28th AM slot?x

Other discussions going on within British Airways

Uniform
69  113.94k 8 months ago
69 113.94k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
British Airways - Training Dat... I received confirmation on 17th February that I ha...
0  1.37k -
0 1.37k -
General Info and questions abo...
3.12k  1k 4 years ago
3.12k 1k 4 years ago by Flying_Nurse
Accomodation, Specific to BA
1.35k  388.65k 2 years ago
1.35k 388.65k 2 years ago by Dolly1988
LGW: Interviews Assessments St...
1.12k  331.75k 4 years ago
1.12k 331.75k 4 years ago by zeldazonk

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
FLYBE News and Views from those at Flybe
27  193.75k 2 years ago
27 193.75k 2 years ago by juankax
Aer Lingus All posts relating to Aer Lingus
39  427.46k 1 year ago
39 427.46k 1 year ago by Aaron
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  595.03k 8 months ago
266 595.03k 8 months ago by KL17
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.26k 1 year ago
162 634.26k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle