profile image
brighton_rocks
Assessments, interviews & start dates
profile image
Shanchilton
I’ve been given the start date 19th July!! ??????? xx
profile image
shannon2095-x
Hey guys, I’ve finally been given a start date!! I’ve been waiting a whole year since the day I received the job!
My start date is provisionally 15th June!
Is anyone else on the same day as me?! Also once receiving the email with a start date how long is it until you get a date for uniform fitting and your medical? Xx
profile image
risty
ohhh , why sooooo long??
profile image
FionaLoux
Hi just wondering if anyone else has start date with SkyPeople 24th of May?
Thanks
profile image
fm12
I was offered a position for Gatwick fleet last week - on Thursday. I was just wondering what the wait normally is for the referencing to begin? I haven't heard from them yet and I am conscious that mine may take a while, due to working abroad so I am keen to get started on it! Thanks xx
profile image
FlyAway2018
Such a strange day for me.. last week I accepted my offer and start date of 1 June but asked if they had a later start in the summer I'd prefer it. I'm CityFlyer so the final stage of my referencing is done in house and I had confirmation from the team today that they have my stuff and are about to contact my personal referee and current employer. Then at 4.20pm I had another email saying I am in the hold pool and they expect the next training course to be in January!

Seems like someone's misinterpreted my question as a request to postpone. Unfortunately the office shuts at 4pm so I've got an anxious wait until the open again tomorrow at 8am to get clarification. I've just submitted my resignation for my current job - argh!
profile image
lisiloo
Congratulations on the successful e-mail! Nice to see someone else who's joining Gatwick crew. I'll summarise my timeline so it might give you an idea of what happens after the Golden Email
19th April - Successful e-mail
24th April - Contact by external referencing company
26th April - Emailed re: uniform/medical

Lis x
profile image
DClgw
It can take a little while, depends on when your start date is, if it's soon then you should be contacted pretty quickly. I got the successful email back at the end of February but because my start date at Gatwick isn't until August it took nearly two weeks. Don't worry though, they will make sure to give you enough time to complete it all.
profile image
FlyAway2018
Originally posted by @FlyAway2018
Such a strange day for me.. last week I accepted my offer and start date of 1 June but asked if they had a later start in the summer I'd prefer it. I'm CityFlyer so the final stage of my referencing is done in house and I had confirmation from the team today that they have my stuff and are about to contact my personal referee and current employer. Then at 4.20pm I had another email saying I am in the hold pool and they expect the next training course to be in January!

Seems like someone's misinterpreted my question as a request to postpone. Unfortunately the office shuts at 4pm so I've got an anxious wait until the open again tomorrow at 8am to get clarification. I've just submitted my resignation for my current job - argh!

Phew, all sorted! Somehow my acceptance email didn't reach them!
profile image
lisiloo
Glad to hear it's all sorted for you!! You must have had a sleepless night!

Other discussions going on within British Airways

Uniform
69  113.94k 8 months ago
69 113.94k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
British Airways - Training Dat... I received confirmation on 17th February that I ha...
0  1.37k -
0 1.37k -
General Info and questions abo...
3.12k  1k 4 years ago
3.12k 1k 4 years ago by Flying_Nurse
Accomodation, Specific to BA
1.35k  388.65k 2 years ago
1.35k 388.65k 2 years ago by Dolly1988
LGW: Interviews Assessments St...
1.12k  331.75k 4 years ago
1.12k 331.75k 4 years ago by zeldazonk

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  595.05k 9 months ago
266 595.05k 9 months ago by KL17
Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.26k 1 year ago
162 634.26k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle
FLYBE News and Views from those at Flybe
27  193.76k 3 years ago
27 193.76k 3 years ago by juankax
Jet2 All posts relating to Jet2
64  248.73k 11 months ago
64 248.73k 11 months ago by Andrew E. Briscoe