profile image
chocopiie
Asking about Qatar airways recruitment
profile image
user16937
I am sorry what happened at your open day but this is a normal routine for Middle eastern airlines open days ...

The reason they lie about the call and email is because not everyone can take rejection calmly .. At one of my open days there was this applicant and she started to fight because she did not receive the secret letter and was told to wait for sms /email... she went on and started fighting and comparing other candidates.
profile image
QR_Candidate
I’m very sorry to hear this news brother and I do hope the very best for you. I would say exactly what “cabin crew consulatant” said but I would add that the email/sms thing they tell applicants is just a polite way of saying you were not selected, some applicants get very emotional, angry, fight or just panic. They avoid drama and problems by telling everyone about the sms or email. While in reality in the do give a formal invitation letter numbered, they only hand out around 100 to 120 of those invitation per open day, no matter how many people showed up.

I’m my Open day we were in excess of 700 that people were standing outside the hotel. They only gave 92 invitation then narrowed down the number during AD to 30 then 23 that made it after FI. 6 received regret after sending photographs, 1 received Regret after sending additional pictures of a birthmark, 1 was pu on hold because she was diagnosed with cancer and the rest left to Doha.

Just don’t lose hope and learn from experience. Cabin crew jobs are one of the highly competitive jobs anywhere, in the United States the recruitment is even worse and fair chances are a dream.

Don’t lose hope please, I have friends who tried over 7 times with a particular airline until they made it and they are having the best time of their lives. Failing also makes you feel the importance of the job and one you make it you gonna our so much dedication, effort and commitment to keep it.
profile image
BGM88
Thank you very much for your support. All of you guys. You are so friendly helping others here in the blog. I've learnt even more after this experience and also how Qatar Airways Open Day recruitment system works.

A BIG thank you to you all!
profile image
archgabrielx2016
Hello guys, I am confused of the 2019 requirement of Crew applications at Qatar airlines. There is a note below the posting that “it is conpuslory to apply on line and get and invitation to open day.”

So it basically means they wont entertain people who doesnt have this invite on the open day?

Im worried they will send the invite a night or 2 before the open day, by then ticket to Muscat from Doha will be soo expensive!!

Need help please. I did nothing for a week but refresh my email and qr website career inbox:(
profile image
TangoFlyer
Hello,

If there is a footnote which says, "compulsory" then that is what you will have to follow - apply online to get the invite.
You may want to be ambitious and just decide to turn up (without online application and invite) but what if there is an applicant number you will need be issued beforehand? That will be an unprofessional impression ++ waste of your resources as in your case, you are going to have to fly to the open day, and it's not worth to take such chances...Apply online as instructed, and just wait - that is all you can do. Make all necessary preparations and rehearse for the open day, make a flight reservation at least a week before (just don't pay for the seat until the email comes through). And if it expires, buy time and make another reservation until the invite comes through so you don't pay the most expensive last-minute fare as you are worried about.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need any more help.
profile image
enapjena
Do you know maybe how often do they organize Open days for QatarAirways in a specific country? (lets say Croatia and Bosnia). Thank you!
profile image
brublonde
Hi all,

I was just wondering how long does it take to hear back from an online application for Qatar?

Thank you!
profile image
FelixdelaVida
Hi everyone! I am very happy to have found this forum. I have some doubts and I would be very grateful if you could help me.

First of all, I have to tell you a little about myself and my experience:
I live in Ecuador and read a story in the newspaper about the Open Day in Quito. I visited the Qatar Airways site and registered in mid-January. Last week I received an invitation email, with aan applicant ID. In the invitation I received they told me that I did not expect to have an interview that day, but I see that the assessment is done the same day. This is what email indicated:

[I]Documents required:

Printed copy of this invitation
CV with applicant ID number
Passport copy
1 passport size color photo in business attire

What to expect:

Group 1: please attend the event at 9:00 am only
Meet with the recruitment team to submit your CV – please do not expect an interview during the open day
If asked, you will do the reach test: reaching 212 cm is one of the minimum requirements –
Candidates who are not be able to reach 212 cm will not be able to proceed further.

Candidates invited for the Cabin Crew Assessment will be notified before 9.00 pm on the same day.

What is important to know:

Candidates who are unfortunately not shortlisted will not be provided feedback.
Candidates are permitted to drop their CV only once.
Any expenses incurred by you to attend this event will not be reimbursed by Qatar Airways.

Good things take time! We thank you for your patience during the waiting period and we look forward to meeting you.

Kind regards,

Cabin Crew Recruitment Team[/I]

So, I have some questions:

About my age:
This week I turned 33 and I don't know if I'm too old for the vacancy. Is this a factor that can be against me? I don't have wrinkles or gray hair, and I look younger. Is having my age a negative factor?

About my Appearance
I am an active man and I like to jog and lift weights in the gym, but I have some belly (I'm 1.74 and weigh 81 kilos), so my BMI is 27 Is this bad for me?
Although I do not have significant scars or moles, I have a scar on the right shin and a mole on the left calf (both are smaller than 1.5 centimeters and poorly noticeable).

ABOUT INTERVIEW AND ENGLISH LEVEL
I want to ask you about your experience and the questions that recruiters asked you. I understand that they only ask 2-3 questions and it is critical to give the correct answers. Do they ask you about a particular topic? I feel a little insecure because I have a B2 English level, but I don't know if it's enough or they require a higher level.

Thanks in advance for your responses.
profile image
umidjavlonov1999

Hello, how are you doing guys, I had a question for you.

profile image
Seung YUP lee

Dear Friends 

I am just wondering QA has penalty?  Because I went AD interview. But failed on CV Drop.

But when I re applied after 3 months. I didn't get any invitation...

Can anyone help me?

Other discussions going on within Middle East Airlines Forum

Inflight Chef Etihad, Turkish...
6  1.08k 1 month ago
6 1.08k 1 month ago by sayeed shazz
Emirates Qualifications Query
4  2.25k 2 years ago
4 2.25k 2 years ago by david kane
Emirates app - complete in one...
7  1.83k 1 year ago
7 1.83k 1 year ago by hoai88
Qatar Amiri flight is hiring f...