profile image
chocopiie
Asking about Qatar airways recruitment
profile image
QR_Candidate
Hi,

The photographs you uplaod when applying online should be in either white or light blue background.
During the Open Day QR no longer takes photographs that day or neither any other day.
Once selected after the FI you will be required to send photographs with light blue background following they instructions (document) you would have received during the assessment day showing how those photographs should be, size, attire etc
I would recommend you after you pass the FI to find a photographer who can take a professional full length photograph. They are very strict with those photos and they keep sending candidates to repeat them, this will delay you recruitment journey.

Regards.
profile image
BGM88
Hello!
I watched it on YouTube a girl saying that the pictures should be with a light blue background. That's why I asked here. In fact, the job advert doesn't mention that, but as you can see, it really needs to be with that background.
Personally, I'm not going to take them with a professional photographer as well, however I'll try to make it seems professional as much as possible.
Of course, if you can find a professional photographer in your city it would be better.
profile image
BGM88
Hello guys!

I'm going to attend an OD soon and I know that it's a really long and tiring day, but do they provide a break during the event for lunch? Or should we bring a snack to eat? For those who already have attended an OD/AD, what would you suggest to do? How is it like?

Thanks in advance.
profile image
Daria
Hi!
At my AD we had little breaks between the activities, but lunch wasn't provided. But there was water and coffee.
profile image
BGM88
Ok, thanks for your information.
profile image
QR_Candidate
Hi!

They do provide breaks but those are not eating breaks. It usually time for the recruiters to correct the English exam and take section decisions.

I advice you to take snacks and water.

Don’t depend on the unofficial breaks to have lunch or coffee, sometimes they correct the exam quickly and take decisions fast.

Best of luck and keep us posted.
profile image
BGM88
I'll bring some snacks and water. Thanks for your advice.
I'll keep you all updated.
profile image
BGM88
Hi everyone!

Sad news. Today, I went to my first OD at Qatar Airways. I arrived with 50 minutes in advance and took my seat. Everything was fine. There were hundreds of applicants in the room, some of them couldn't even take a seat. Then, the recruiters came and told us that they would make a short interview (2-3 questions) with us and get our CV, passport photo size and passport photocopy. After that, they said that they would send an email or SMS until 7pm for those who were invited to the AD. However, it wasn't true. At this moment, I believed that maybe they have changed their way of recruitment, perharps they were really sending emails or SMS. So, I dropped my CV and documents and answered the recruiter's questions. She said "thank you" and I replied as well very confident. How naive I was...

Really: "how on earth they would have time to send hundreds of emails at once until 7pm after scanning hundreds of CVs?" (Why didn't I think about that?)

Later on, I was talking to a guy, who was apparently upset, and telling him how fast is the CV drop. And then I added: "Now we have to wait until 7pm to receive the invitation via email/SMS". He told me they don't send emails, they give you a letter (that famous secret letter) He already knew about that, and he probably didn't receive it as well. That's why he was looking sad.

How fool I was. I believed in what the recruiters said before...
I don't know if this is the best way to do it. To lie to the candidates just to don't break their hopes immediatelly after the CV drop. I think I'd prefer to know it straight away if I got or not an invitation. They could tell us the truth: "we are going to handle you an invitation letter to the AD if we think that you are a suitable candidate".

Anyway, it's gone. It wasn't my time. We will never know what we did wrong. Maybe I can try it later again, but I still don't know if I will. It's too expensive to come to an OD, because I don't live in the city where it's held on.

I think that Emirate is better, because now you only have to go to an AD if you pass a virtual interview previously.

I'd like to thanks everybody that gave me helpful advices here in this blog. They helped me a lot in many situations.

I wish you all the best.
profile image
Cabin Crew Consultant
Sorry to hear of your experience... it is a shame that recruitment is so shady with some airlines and there are so many 'unknown factors' to the candidates. It is very true that the recruiters will be dealing with hundreds of potential candidates and it would just be impossible for everyone to have a fair interview - these recruiters will be judging by a quick CV scan, appearance, personality and will have their own criteria to look for be it age, nationality, gender or quota. Now, with the recruitment freeze at EK and EY of course there is even more competition for cabin crew positions. Don't take your experience personally, as I am sure you did your best but probably numbers were just against you and it wasn't your time. Don't give up and keep trying and you will get there, learn from every experience and just see it as being on the journey to become cabin crew - it does take time and a whole lot of patience and perseverance. Onwards and upwards as they say...
profile image
BGM88
Thank you for your kind words.

Other discussions going on within Middle East Airlines Forum

Inflight Chef Etihad, Turkish...
7  1.12k 1 week ago
7 1.12k 1 week ago by Jordan Walker
Emirates Qualifications Query
4  2.25k 2 years ago
4 2.25k 2 years ago by david kane
Emirates app - complete in one...
7  1.83k 1 year ago
7 1.83k 1 year ago by hoai88
Qatar Amiri flight is hiring f...
8  8.23k 1 year ago
8 8.23k 1 year ago by su xeko
Emirates mental health medical...
8  2.91k 2 months ago
8 2.91k 2 months ago by anniesteuber

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Aer Lingus All posts relating to Aer Lingus
39  427.56k 1 year ago
39 427.56k 1 year ago by Aaron
Jet2 All posts relating to Jet2
64  248.82k 11 months ago
64 248.82k 11 months ago by Andrew E. Briscoe
British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 9 months ago
40 6k 9 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  595.32k 9 months ago
266 595.32k 9 months ago by KL17
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.54k 1 year ago
93 408.54k 1 year ago by David_Hume