chocopiie
Asking about Qatar airways recruitment
profile image
chocopiie
Do u guys know Qatar always recruiter always
Give the secret letter to the people who pass first round
Or anybody used to receive the email by the end of the day
Because now I'm here in kiev
I didn't receive the secret letter so do I still have a chance ?
Thanks
profile image
NewYorkBound
I heard that this is Qatars new way of inviting people to the assessment by giving the invite on the same day as the open day. Those who doesnt get the invite, wont get a call/email either.
They didnt use to do this before, but do it now.
I havnt heard of anyone getting a call/email if they didnt get that invite during the open day.

If there are anyone here who got the call/email let us know
profile image
Kolkooin1
Hey ,
What happens with me last year is that they give you an invitation letter to come the next day , if you didn't get means you are not invited to come .
profile image
rong
The key is looking at the time to reach during the open days. For example, if it says "to reach the venue at 9am sharp" this is the scenario whereby that probably won't expect any crowds and they may go on in giving presentation about the airline then follow by cv drop in. Depending upon situation, this cv drop in is the moment they usually can afford to take some time to think rather to invite you since there's few people attending the workshop and would likely to make contact if they found u impressive whatsoever.

On the other hand most of Qatar recruitment event stated "To come between 9am-5pm". This is the event has shown that there's probably gonna expect a very huge crowd and recruiter officer tend to give u a invitation letter on the spot if you are selected in next round.If they did not and just simply telling you that they will contact you then it means most likely they never will. Cause this is the whole day event of cv drop in the recruiter cannot afford to scan thru thousands of cv to make final decision, Which is why the first impression upon your appearance, cv as well as conversation with them is very crucial.

If this is your dream job do try again some day and dont give up. Take this time to get enough preparation of what to expect during airline open/assessment day :)
profile image
QFdes
If the interviewer likes you straight away, theyll give you an invite or "secret letter".. if they need to deliberate among themselves youll get a call or an email the same day.

My interviewer gave me a letter and said that i got through.. and not to show the letter to anyone else
profile image
BGM88
Hello guys!

I just want to confirm that we "don't need to apply online", on Qatar's Website, before going to an Open Day Event. Because there's an option to do that and I already have an account on Qatar Airways Applicant Center with some personal information.
So, although I have this account, I don't need to do any thing. Just go and present myself to the recruiter on the Open Day.
profile image
chloeskies
If you are going to attend the open day it is fine not to apply online, but once you get through all the stages they will ask you to apply online as this will be your application ID in the system and you need to write it on top or your resume.
profile image
BGM88
So, I think it's better to apply online beforehand and go there with everything completed. Even if I fail in the Open Day, I think this wouldn't be an issue... I'd drop my resume with the application ID on top and see what happens.

Thanks for your reply
profile image
QR_Candidate
Qatar Airways recruiters never send an email or sms or call or anything. Just think about it, I attended an event where over 700 people showed up, how on earth they gonna send let’s say 100? 100 call after open day?!! What type of system will allow them to send such huge number of emails or calls at once!!??
During the open day, the recruiters will give you an invitation letter to attend the assessment day, they will tell you it’s very confidential. Telling you that you will receive a call or email at 7pm or 8pm or whatever time they say is just a polite way of telling you you have not been selected. Everybody knows this.

Some one here was asking about attending without applying, sometimes the recruiters will give you a hard time if you show up with a CV that does not have an applicant ID written on it. Also, if you already attended an event before and you have an application with them, you must use that applicant ID during open day.
profile image
BGM88
Originally posted by @QR_Candidate
Some one here was asking about attending without applying, sometimes the recruiters will give you a hard time if you show up with a CV that does not have an applicant ID written on it. Also, if you already attended an event before and you have an application with them, you must use that applicant ID during open day.

Ok, I decided to apply online to avoid any issue.

I have another question, how about the size of the passport photo? Is it 5 X 7cm or 3,5 X 4,5cm? I know that there're different sizes for each country.

Other discussions going on within Middle East Airlines Forum

Inflight Chef Etihad, Turkish...
6  1.11k 2 months ago
6 1.11k 2 months ago by sayeed shazz
Emirates Qualifications Query
4  2.25k 2 years ago
4 2.25k 2 years ago by david kane
Emirates app - complete in one...
7  1.83k 1 year ago
7 1.83k 1 year ago by hoai88
Qatar Amiri flight is hiring f...
8  8.21k 1 year ago
8 8.21k 1 year ago by su xeko
Emirates mental health medical...
8  2.91k 1 month ago
8 2.91k 1 month ago by anniesteuber

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.5k 1 year ago
93 408.5k 1 year ago by David_Hume
British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 8 months ago
40 6k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.39k 1 year ago
162 634.39k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle
FLYBE News and Views from those at Flybe
27  193.79k 3 years ago
27 193.79k 3 years ago by juankax
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  595.2k 9 months ago
266 595.2k 9 months ago by KL17