April/May 2018 applicants

< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  wanderlust1994    On:  Tue 24th April, 2018 at 16:24
Nikki-j
United Kingdom
#12  Re: April/May 2018 applicants  Posted 25/04/2018 at 12:46
In reply to post #9...
Jeniszen that is such a shame! I got through to AD last year then didn’t get offered a positron but those 6 months have flown by!! It’ll be time for you to apply again before you know it!
         Jump to Top
wanderlust1994
UK - Northern Ireland
#13  Re: April/May 2018 applicants  Posted 25/04/2018 at 14:35
In reply to post #7...
Wow that's crazy!!! Congratulations! I can't believe how fast they're getting back to everyone this time, I was expecting it to be weeks before they'd be in touch!..I'm starting to panic a little bit as I still haven't heard back yet

How did you find the video interview? Was it straightforward enough? Also, good luck with the assessment day! Hope everything goes well
         Jump to Top
user101134
#14  Re: April/May 2018 applicants  Posted 25/04/2018 at 16:29
In reply to post #13...
Ah thank you! I can't believe it's happening this quick. My friend applied last May and only started their training in Feb this year! It's my first ever time at doing this so I'm a little nervous about the AD!

The video interview wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. Once you get over the fact you're talking to a camera and there's no feedback on how well you're doing. Just be confident, look at the camera, and if you mess up, pause and carry on. I stumbled on a couple of the questions, or thought it wasn't enough so don't get disheartened :)

The questions are pretty straightforward and as long as you've done some research and have some good examples ready you should be fine. It only took me about 20 minutes and that includes all the intro videos from them... My dog started barking half-way through mine so make sure you're somewhere quiet!

Good luck!
         Jump to Top
user101141
#16  Re: April/May 2018 applicants  Posted 26/04/2018 at 00:33
In reply to post #14...
i applied on monday and am still waiting. by sound of things are much quicker this time.

i used to fly as crew for virgin back in 2011 and am hoping to return

good luck everyone
         Jump to Top
atansley
United Kingdom
#17  Re: April/May 2018 applicants  Posted 27/04/2018 at 10:00
In reply to post #16...
Anyone had anymore news from this recruitment drive?

I feel so impatient, but it's really exciting hearing all your updates :)
Edited 27/04/2018 @ 10:00 Revision #1
         Jump to Top
brublonde
#18  Re: April/May 2018 applicants  Posted 27/04/2018 at 17:25
In reply to post #17...
I applied Monday and am still waiting.

Wondering if it is bad news - some people heard back within 2 days!

Is anyone checking their emails a million times per day too?!
**Live life with no regrets**
         Jump to Top
cjili
Republic of Ireland
#19  Re: April/May 2018 applicants  Posted 28/04/2018 at 08:22
In reply to post #17...
I apply on Monday 23 April, nothing yet
         Jump to Top
bee-flys
#20  Re: April/May 2018 applicants  Posted 28/04/2018 at 08:23
Hi, sorry if this has posted twice!
I have received an email to video interview, just wondering do I have to complete the video interview as soon as I click on the link, or do you pick a time slot/re visit?

Thanks and good luck everyone xx
         Jump to Top
Pepper1
#21  Re: April/May 2018 applicants  Posted 28/04/2018 at 08:23
In reply to post #17...
I applied to Virgin for the first time in Jan (I was really expecting to have to apply several times!), had my AD in March and found out I was successful the day after.

I have been told I will likely be on a training course in sept/oct (they've given me an idea as I have a long notice period for my current job) so I think they are trying to fill training courses for the autumn, hence the current recruitment drive.

Good luck everyone!
         Jump to Top
wanderlust1994
UK - Northern Ireland
#22  Re: April/May 2018 applicants  Posted 28/04/2018 at 08:23
In reply to post #14...
Thanks so much! I just received my VI email this morning so I'll definitely be taking all of your video interview advice onboard!

Wow! That's such a long time for your friend to have to wait before starting their training! They must be really patient!..Aw being nervous is completely natural! I'm sure your friend will be able to talk you through what to expect during the AD so don't worry, you'll do absolutely fab!

Ohh! I can't believe that your dog started barking during your interview! haha In fairness, it probably worked in your favour as Virgin must have been really impressed with how well you were able to handle the situation. I, on the other hand, will be sure to lock my dog outside during mine as I'd probably break down and cry
         Jump to Top
< Prev Next >