- Can I wear trousers ?
- Ryanair salary
- Etihad Maths Test
- Qatar Visa

Applying for Emirates or Etihad with QR on my CV

Author
  Topic Started By:  chippedmug    On:  Thu 13th February, 2020 at 19:43
chippedmug
#2  Applying for Emirates or Etihad with QR on my CV  Posted 13/02/2020 at 19:43
Hey there,

My friend was ground crew at LATAM and then cabin crew at Qatar Airways for a couple of years, with a good record, finishing in late 2017. She has recently applied for an interview with Etihad but was rejected without being seen; and attended an open day in London for Emirates but was also rejected. We're not sure why this is - we can only think it's her association with Qatar which at the moment is embargoed by the UAE.

Does anyone know if this is likely?

Charlie
         Jump to Top
australia2018
#3  Re: Applying for Emirates or Etihad with QR on my   Posted 13/02/2020 at 23:13
A friend of mine was a ex QR crew and she got hired by EY last year. As far as I know Etihad has no issues hiring ex QR crew.
As for EK, I am not sure
         Jump to Top
cabincrewconsultant
#4  Re: Applying for Emirates or Etihad with QR on my   Posted 14/02/2020 at 08:58
In reply to post #2...
It might be a problem for EK as they tend to prefer to hire candidates who have not flown before... I don't think it's an issue with the embargo. EY hires a wider range of crew and doesn't mind experienced crew, so your friend should try again with them...
Cabin Crew Consultant - www.cabincrewconsultant.weebly.com
         Jump to Top