- LGW Successful summer 2015
- Washington D.C Invitation Only OD/AD 9.27.14

Applying for Emirates, help needed!

Author
  Topic Started By:  nkzg    On:  Tue 5th February, 2013 at 10:12
nkzg
#1  Applying for Emirates, help needed!  Posted 05/02/2013 at 10:12
Hi everybody!

I'm thinking of applying for Emirates for the 1st time, but i'm not really sure how does it function. I'm having a hard time digging out the information needed, so can anyone help me? How does the The Emirates Cabin Crew recruitment process function? What is the difference between Open Days and Assessment Days? How do those function exactly? Which way is it better to apply?
On the official Emirates page among the requirements it is stated that the person applying must be a high school graduate. Is it considered a shortcoming if I have a Master's degree? Would I be considered overqualified?
Oh yeah...and do i need to be extra thin? I have curly hair, could that be a problem? As I don't really know how to make that pretty neat bun.
And age? What age is too old? I'm 27.
I appreciate any kind of help!
         Jump to Top
LovelyNutchy
#2  Re: Applying for Emirates, help needed!  Posted 05/02/2013 at 10:50
In reply to post #1...
My friends are working for EK and they always told me what the EK looking for (Personality is more important cause u can change what u wearing...) They will not wait for you to talk much but how can you impress them in 10 sec from you have eyes contact with them.
This link from one of the lucky girl and she's so lovely to shared her experience with us all, really helpful. Bless her :). My experienced with EK i'm out after the first round lol. But i did really bad though :). Good luck to you.

http://flyletsfly.blogspot.ca/
LovelyNutchy
         Jump to Top
k.k.
#3  Re: Applying for Emirates, help needed!  Posted 05/02/2013 at 11:53
In reply to post #1...
hey,
Open day / OD- everyone can come. Nothing really is going on; you watch some videos and there are job/Dubai/Emirates descriptions. Those who want the job must hand out CV's and answer a question or two (piccolo interview).
Assesment Day/ AD- If they notice you on OD, you are invited to AD. There are some games, english test,..
If you are sucessfull there, you are invited to Final Interview (FI).

Education doesn't really matter. I think experiences are much more valuable to them

About weight; as long as four BMI is normal.

I have curly hair too, and the easiest way is to use hairspary or hair gel. I did not use much of those on my OD/AD because I had my hair ironed and pulled back in a slight "pompadour bun" or in a ponytail. On FI I'm glad I used hairspray, because it was snowing outside and my hair would turn itno mess. There is quite a few videos on how to make a sleek bun/ponytail on YT.

And you are not too old. I think the most people are your age (24-28). There is no official max age limit (people in the middle of their thirties are in CC too).
Edited 05/02/2013 @ 11:55 Revision #1
Well you should at least TRY!
         Jump to Top
nkzg
#4  Re: Applying for Emirates, help needed!  Posted 05/02/2013 at 12:20
In reply to post #3...
And can I apply to an Assessment Day online? It works the same way, right? If they like my application and CV, they call me in?
And thank you very much for your answer, it's been very helpful :)
         Jump to Top
k.k.
#5  Re: Applying for Emirates, help needed!  Posted 05/02/2013 at 12:36
In reply to post #4...
You can apply for OD. They invite you to AD
Or you can just go and apply after successful AD. At lest they told us so.
Well you should at least TRY!
         Jump to Top
Tostek
#6  Re: Applying for Emirates, help needed!  Posted 05/02/2013 at 17:40
In reply to post #1...
Hi,
I'm not sure if this is right place for this message but didn't want to make new topic for my question.
I was wondering did anyone had same experience as me. Last year I made it to FI, but wasn't successful. So I went again this year and again I made it to FI. Statuses for the people from my group have started to change, mine didn't. So, one year later after my second FI I am faced with another not successful mail. I really don't know what to make of it. Was anyone in similar situation?
         Jump to Top