profile image
FutureTrollyDolly
Anyone ever left the industry and regret it badly?
profile image
FutureTrollyDolly
Hi everyone :)

Will try my best to explain so bear with me. Has anyone ever left this line of work and lived to regret it until getting back into it?

Right now i live every single day pining to be back in the sky. I feel like a huge part of me is missing and it's such an overwhelming, crippling feeling at times

I trained Feb this year for 4 weeks with Jet2. I then went on to fly for 3 months before i handed in my notice I'm now constantly living with the regret however at the time i wasn't mentally in the right place so felt there was no other way out as i was so miserable most of the time.
I had issues with anxiety, borderline depression and had put a lot of weight on including a big chunk during training so I'd gone from this confident person to this self conscious anxious person. I doubted myself in everything i did and lost all belief in myself which is sad really but all this combined, i couldn't hack the job. In a job where confidence is key I'd lost it.

When i left, within a week i instantly regretted it and deep down felt I'd done the wrong thing.
Ever since all I've done is pine to be back, breaking my neck practically to look at every single plane in the sky knowing that's where my heart belongs.

I'm so worried I've blown my chances.
I am now in a much better place, I've lost a good chunk of weight (17lbs upto now) and I'm well on my way to my target and am in a much better place mentally. I know that this time round if i had the opportunity i hope and pray for ,I whole heartedly think I'd succeed as i know now through leaving, flying is literally the only job i want to do. I feel i have my confidence and self belief back and want this more than anything.
It sounds sad but just about every day i feel like I'm dealing with some sort of break up. I'm constantly pining to be flying and feel so so empty at times not to mention going to a job i now despise.

So has anyone dealt with anything similar to this before? Any input would be much appreciated
I would love another shot at Jet2 and was thinking about applying in Sept next year for 2019's season but not sure i'd stand a chance now I would ring them before hand to see if i would be wasting my time or not. I did leave them on good terms and fully worked my notice so who knows but possible wishful thinking.

Tia if anyone replies x
profile image
lalaxlove
Yes!

I left flying long haul 2 years ago and am going back to flying with my old airline in January. It definitely feels like a break up and I agree that flying is something thats in your blood.

I left thinking the grass would be greener after flying for 4 years - I made the decision to go back and because I was good at my job they were happy to offer it to me back :) I say just go for it - you sound like you loved it and theres no harm in trying.

I dont regret leaving as its taught me what I really love doing.

Go for it and good luck!!
profile image
Cabin Crew Consultant
I think once that you decide flying is your life, it is hard to do anything else! No regrets and don't see it as a negative - you gave yourself a break when you needed to reassess your life and goals.... Try Jet2 again and any other airlines that are recruiting and you'll be back flying before you know it!
profile image
spanishgirl
Yes me too
I agree with everything you all been saying
profile image
FutureTrollyDolly
Thanks for the input/replies girls :) Much appreciated, nice to know I'm not alone.

New year, fresh start anyways. I will get back in that sky!
profile image
jujumonkey
did you go back???

you wanna look at doing the similar job on trains, it's way better paid. You're looking at around £32k a year :) xx
profile image
user16937
I live this every day.. I regret my leaving flying and have found getting back in impossible.

I can send you a PM with my night mare of trying to get back in
profile image
FutureTrollyDolly
Originally posted by @jujumonkey
did you go back???

you wanna look at doing the similar job on trains, it's way better paid. You're looking at around £32k a year :) xx

I can happily say I'm back at jet2 and have been since March. Enjoying it so much this time and so glad i got a second chance.
Trains may be a possibility in the future but for now I'm happy in the sky haha!
profile image
FutureTrollyDolly
Originally posted by @Happy2fly
I live this every day.. I regret my leaving flying and have found getting back in impossible.

I can send you a PM with my night mare of trying to get back in

Oh no,sorry to hear this
Yes feel free to PM me

Other discussions going on within Experienced Cabin Crew

Dissertation Survey
4  3.65k 1 year ago
4 3.65k 1 year ago by Thomas Richard
Dissertation Survey. Cabin Cre...
2  3.41k 1 year ago
2 3.41k 1 year ago by Alan Luiz
Research - Managing Gender as...
12  3.11k 7 months ago
12 3.11k 7 months ago by annaliona
Missed call from Emirates airl...  I misse a call from Emirates, checked the number...
4  1.2k 1 year ago
4 1.2k 1 year ago by Samantha
in-flights sales research Hi, we are developing a project to enhance in-flig...
0  68 -
0 68 -

Other topics for Cabin Crew

Interviews Tell us your experiences!
71  986.48k 4 months ago
71 986.48k 4 months ago by Rachid Anssari
Current Cabin Crew Jobs For all announcements relating to cabin crew jobs
126  958.88k 2 months ago
126 958.88k 2 months ago by Emad Omda
Wannabe Cabin Crew For those just starting out!
113  543.28k 1 year ago
113 543.28k 1 year ago by Sarah McMillan
Emirates Cabin Crew Apply 2022 Still waiting for the first interview and been wee...
11  7.12k 1 year ago
11 7.12k 1 year ago by RA26
Postpone Emirates DOJ Will Emirates accept to postpone my DOJ ? by how m...
1  625 -
1 625 -