profile image
MirageIII
Am I wasting my time?
profile image
MirageIII
Hi everyone! The matter is, my tooth is a bit crooked (only one) and i'ts noticeable. They look perfectly ok for any normal person, but for the criteria of any company like Emirates/Qatar they may be not-acceptable. I never really cared because my mouth is very small so people don't see my teeth when I talk or even when I smile. But it seems like every CC of those companies have a big, perfect smile. It's a very known fact that recruiters look at your skin and teeth.

I am in the process of fixing them, but maybe I won't be able to get braces and the only solution could be dental surgery, and even if I can get braces it would take several months an some hundred dollars.

To be honest, I only want to fix my teeth because I want this job, but I actually don't care, I like my looks.

So, the question is, is there any chance of being hired with my crooked tooth or would I need to get them fixed? I went to one OD and didn't make it to the next stage, but I can't know the reason.

Does it worth it or am I just wasting time?

Thank you.
profile image
Cabin Crew Consultant
Try a few assessment days/open days first and see how things go. Not all cabin crew have perfect teeth for sure, although some companies may have stricter appearance guidelines than others... if you find that you are consistently not getting any further in the application process then it might be time to think about getting them fixed. It night not even be the cause of failing the first open day... remember it usually takes a lot of OD/AD's to actually getting the job, for most people. Alternatively, you could just try another airline...

Other discussions going on within Middle East Airlines Forum

Inflight Chef Etihad, Turkish...
6  1.12k 2 months ago
6 1.12k 2 months ago by sayeed shazz
Emirates Qualifications Query
4  2.25k 2 years ago
4 2.25k 2 years ago by david kane
Emirates app - complete in one...
7  1.83k 1 year ago
7 1.83k 1 year ago by hoai88
Qatar Amiri flight is hiring f...
8  8.23k 1 year ago
8 8.23k 1 year ago by su xeko
Emirates mental health medical...
8  2.91k 1 month ago
8 2.91k 1 month ago by anniesteuber

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  595.29k 9 months ago
266 595.29k 9 months ago by KL17
Qantas UK Forum For those working at Qantas UK
31  372.68k 1 year ago
31 372.68k 1 year ago by Charles Carter
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.53k 1 year ago
93 408.53k 1 year ago by David_Hume
British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 8 months ago
40 6k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.44k 1 year ago
162 634.44k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle