profile image
user16937
Allergies and Emirates Airline
profile image
user16937
Hi,

I´ve just finished my FI with Emirates and my recruiter was focusing on my allergies. I declared all of them (peanut allergy, prawn, dust, animal fur) but the fact is it is all mild and not even all kinds of peanut. I would have to eat very large amount to have a reaction, that´s the same with dust etc.
Now I´m stressing out that they won´t even ask me how serious it is and reject me immediately. I have never used anything else than Xyzal and that´s not a strong medicament and I declared I use only Xyzal when needed.

Do you think this will be a major problem for them and reason to reject me or they have tendency to ask and let you do the tests firstly.

In advance thank you for answers a lot!
profile image
louj
I've also been worrying about this... I'm allergic to shellfish (if I eat it) and obviously declared it on my form. My recruiter didn't ask me any questions about it though. I had my FI on the 9th June, sent all my pending documents off on the 19th and am still on IC and have been since the 9th June.
profile image
user16937
:( well, then lets hope! You are still far more ok since I declared peanuts and dust ...
Keep you fingers crossed.
profile image
rachaelmay
how did you get on with regards to the nut allergy and medical.. was it ok???

i have an offer from BA and have very mild allergy and im so worried x
profile image
Sophie1996
Hi, I was just wondering what the outcome of your medical was? I have a mild nut allergy, its not airborne however I have been administered an epipen although I have never used it. I was wondering if i will be rejected by emirates for this?
profile image
Desert_Hostie
Hopefully someone has more recent info, but when I was in training one guy got sent home who had a severe nut allergy (he used EpiPen) I am not sure if it was because it was all nuts he was allergic to (Emirates does not serve peanuts at all onboard, but serves other nuts)

Bear in mind though this was 8 years ago so it may very possibly have changed.

You can also always ask here (GCAA) if it's permitted under their rules to obtain the FA medical, at least then you can know if it's allowed by them if not by the airline. And if they say it's allowed, you can say you have looked into it and GCAA says its ok (if they do)

https://www.gcaa.gov.ae/en/pages/contactus.aspx
profile image
Sophie1996
Thank you for your reply! This might seem like a silly question but what is 'FA medical?'
I will drop them an email now
profile image
Cabin Crew Consultant
Flight Attendant medical...
profile image
holliedollie
I have a peanut allergy but only if digested, not airborne or if I touch them. Im still waiting to hear back from my FI and I did let them know it was mild and that I do have an epi-pen. Do you think this is ok?
profile image
Anna645
https://thegulfjobs.net/emirates-careers-jobs-for-freshers/i will recommend you and all new upcoming users to sub official site where emirates airlines recruitment process begin to understand about all conditions before apply on emirates airlines

Other discussions going on within Middle East Airlines Forum

Inflight Chef Etihad, Turkish...
7  1.12k 1 week ago
7 1.12k 1 week ago by Jordan Walker
Emirates Qualifications Query
4  2.25k 2 years ago
4 2.25k 2 years ago by david kane
Emirates app - complete in one...
7  1.83k 1 year ago
7 1.83k 1 year ago by hoai88
Qatar Amiri flight is hiring f...
8  8.23k 1 year ago
8 8.23k 1 year ago by su xeko
Emirates mental health medical...
8  2.91k 2 months ago
8 2.91k 2 months ago by anniesteuber

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 9 months ago
40 6k 9 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
Jet2 All posts relating to Jet2
64  248.83k 11 months ago
64 248.83k 11 months ago by Andrew E. Briscoe
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  595.34k 9 months ago
266 595.34k 9 months ago by KL17
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.55k 1 year ago
93 408.55k 1 year ago by David_Hume
FLYBE News and Views from those at Flybe
27  193.8k 3 years ago
27 193.8k 3 years ago by juankax