- Emirates Recruitment Process

Air Atlanta

< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  EX BA TEMP    On:  Thu 29th July, 2010 at 12:02
nagash
United Kingdom
#11  Re: Air Atlanta  Posted 03/08/2010 at 12:32
Hey Flygirl i might see you there. I am from the UK but haven't got a clue about the destinations they fly to or their operation.
         Jump to Top
GemG
#12  Re: Air Atlanta  Posted 19/08/2010 at 10:44
anyone any information on the company? or from your interviews thanks
         Jump to Top
jono9285
United Kingdom
#13  Re: Air Atlanta  Posted 19/08/2010 at 15:23
I attended their interview in Manchester last week. It was really relaxed and more like an informal chat about my aviation experience and what I knew about their operation. They are offering temporary contracts through till christmas with the opportunity to an an extended contract should they need you etc. Has anyone else been to the interviews or had any notification of if they've been successful?
         Jump to Top
wingingit
United Kingdom
#14  Re: Air Atlanta  Posted 19/08/2010 at 21:23
$40 or £25 a day flat rate are they joking? On top of them expecting you to be away from home up to 10 weeks continously. Yeah right!
         Jump to Top
wingingit
United Kingdom
#15  Re: Air Atlanta  Posted 19/08/2010 at 21:26
$40.00 aka £25.00 per day flat rate - are they kidding?
         Jump to Top
Avionix
United Kingdom
#16  Re: Air Atlanta  Posted 22/08/2010 at 01:47

Awww.....a stroll down memory lane. I remember my days of Air Atlanta very fondly. This was back in the days when they had really good contracts. It's an ACMI airline which basically means they cover resource gaps for different airlines i.e. when airlines expand or need temporary extra capacity. Air Atlanta are good at what they do and they have a very good reputation in the airline industry. They fly a mix of 747-300 and 400.

When I was with Air Atlanta they had several contract throughout the world. They even had pretty extensive operations at MAN Airport, with both Cargo and Charter flights. They later developed a subsidiary airline branded Air Atlanta Europe with a British AOC. Which then proceeded on to take care of all passenger flights in the UK such as Charter flights for Travel City Direct from LGW and MAN to Orlando, MOD flights with troop movements and also flight for XL.com. AAI was now concentrated to operating cargo flights exclusively. AAE was later merged with XL Airways as a means to operate both airlines under one AOC and thus saving money. In 2007 the whole travel company XL.com went bankrupt.

AAI of today is mostly only active during the Hajj movements. And it is what it is. As suggested in a previous post it’s very primitive flying and it’s very much back to basics. Most passengers don’t really have a clue about aeronautics and all that is entails. Doing the Asian hajj is the best and by same measures the African hajj is considered the most challenging. However as crew you don’t get to choose which hajj to do, it’s the luck of the draw. You live in compounds in Saudi which is like a free haven from all the local traditions that have to be adhered to everywhere else in Saudi Arabia. However when you are on layovers you stay in hotels much like you would with all other airlines. If it’s anything like it was when I was there (it’s a good while ago), you don’t get a set schedule while in Jeddah, we used to have to go to the “blue screen” every day at 5pm  to see what flight were being crewed by whom. If your name wasn’t on the list it was a go ahead to join the pool party. You normally only work one sector and the other one is a “ferry”-flight. The first half of the Hajj you “ferry” outbound and work inbound and the second half of the hajj you work outbound and “ferry” home. This is unless you’re operating a scheduled flight for Saudi Arabian Airlines which we used to do back in the days.

Jump to Top
user83127
#17  Re: Air Atlanta  Posted 21/11/2016 at 11:59
Hi I've been called for an interview I need updated info about aIR ATlanta pleaseee
x
         Jump to Top
eurosky
#18  Re: Air Atlanta  Posted 22/11/2016 at 12:46
In reply to post #17...
Hi!! Where Can I sent my cv?
         Jump to Top
user83127
#19  Re: Air Atlanta  Posted 22/11/2016 at 12:50
In reply to post #18...
http://www.aviationjobsearch.com/job/cabin-crew-5124130701344/5201750
         Jump to Top
eurosky
#20  Re: Air Atlanta  Posted 22/11/2016 at 12:50
In reply to post #18...
I heard they are recruiting for Hajj flights but I don't know when exactly is the hajj season.
         Jump to Top
< Prev Next >