Add a new Topic
Search the Forums
Search
Latest Posts
- flydubai
- flydubai assessment day
- Emirates final interview Novrmber 2014
- FlyDubai Assesment Day on 14th December
- Aspiring to be Cabin Crew, but where to start?
- air nz final interview
- I want to be a Flight Attendant!
- Emirates DOJ - Jan 2015
- LHR: Interviews Assessments Start Dates Courses
- Emirates AD in Boston

AGE LIMIT - EMIRATES

< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  obahiano    On:  Sun 15th January, 2012 at 21:44
pacey
France
#31  Re: AGE LIMIT - EMIRATES  Posted 03/06/2012 at 09:49
In reply to post #30...
hi
many discussions about the age limit, I think it's about how youcan be explain your history of course at 21, 23 years old, you're on the beginning and over 30 if your experience is approuved, no problem,
I know a cabin crew over 35 years old who was accepted to go to assessment day because he was clear and top during open day,
what i think today it's depend from your age is just about you and your details, experience and personnality with a good luck during interview
and of course we canot lie about the upper age limit is there and existing we canot recruit someone who starting this job late in age, if you're able to explain your professional life, with a conviction no problem
         Jump to Top
user48177
#32  Re: AGE LIMIT - EMIRATES  Posted 03/06/2012 at 13:45
In reply to post #30...
Okay. I'll try to send you the link with the message I'd gotten to your inbox. Hopefully it'll let me do that. It's the only credible proof I got from someone who's big in that area. I'll get to it right now
         Jump to Top
user48177
#33  Re: AGE LIMIT - EMIRATES  Posted 03/06/2012 at 13:49
In reply to post #32...
Oh no! Never lie about your age in anything aviation-related. Like I said earlier, welfare of passengers at over 30,000 feet is serious business and dishonesty is frowned upon. What the airline really cares about I believe if whether you have the experience or maturity for the job. I also know that you must not have any gaps in your employment history.

If you'd also like to see the link I talked about earlier I'd be more than happy to send it to your Inbox
         Jump to Top
tizianaspe
United Kingdom
#34  Re: AGE LIMIT - EMIRATES  Posted 03/06/2012 at 14:22
In reply to post #28...
Hi Marco,
Do not worry about the age, I am 28 and I believe that what the company is looking at is at your previous history of work and that there are not any gaps between a job and the other one.
I hope everything worked out the best for you in Milan.I am Italian too, but attended the both the Open Day and the Assessment Day on the 12th and on the 13th of May in Birmingham and Final Interview in London on the 22nd. My status then changed into AIP the day after interview and now I have been waiting fro nearly two weeks.
All we can do is to keep our hopes up.
Good luck and hopefully see you in Dubai
         Jump to Top
aishanceba
South Africa
#35  Re: AGE LIMIT - EMIRATES  Posted 04/06/2012 at 10:18
In reply to post #29...
Well thanks man thats very much interesting please do send me that link as well my private email is aishanceba@yahoo.co.uk.
Patrick Phiri
         Jump to Top
elle12
#36  Re: AGE LIMIT - EMIRATES  Posted 04/06/2012 at 12:09
In reply to post #29...
I went to an open day last week and someone (i think it was maybe someone from this forum actually) asked if the recruiters could clear up once and for all if there is an age limit. And they said there is no definitive age, its not as if you can get in the day before your 35th birthday but the next day you are too old to be considered. They said it depends on the person, their life circumstances and such but as a guide they look for cabin crew to be up to mid 30s-ish.

So there is a rough age limit, but not a specific clear cut age when someone is deemed too old.

I think the people who are worrying about if they are too old or not should just go to an open day and see if they get through. Thats the easiest way. Talking about it on a forum doesnt do anyone any good - just go along and see if they let you through.
         Jump to Top
KuB
United Arab Emirates
#37  Re: AGE LIMIT - EMIRATES  Posted 05/06/2012 at 08:35
In reply to post #36...
I wanna second that. There's no age limit but it'd be quite rare to see someone over 35-36 in training college. There's plenty of people in their early 30's tho.

Don't be rough on prettyinpunk. She's just stating what she sees from the inside, which is always accurate.
Life's short. Enjoy it!
         Jump to Top
user48177
#38  Re: AGE LIMIT - EMIRATES  Posted 24/06/2012 at 12:20
In reply to post #35...
I sent you the link to your private email. Be sure to check your junk email box in case it went to your junk mail

Cheers
Donny
         Jump to Top
user48177
#39  Re: AGE LIMIT - EMIRATES  Posted 24/06/2012 at 12:23
In reply to post #32...
Someone who made it to the assessment day said she was 31 and she asked one of the recruiters if age was a problem and she no. It only matters if you're healthy. That's all they care about.

Of course all airlines want to know what you've done for the past couple of years. That goes for any age. If you're 21 and you can't account for much; it's unlikely you'll be hired. If you lie about your age, you're pretty much screwed. Honesty in aviation is paramount and is not to be taken lightly
         Jump to Top
user48177
#40  Re: AGE LIMIT - EMIRATES  Posted 24/06/2012 at 12:34
I'm posting the link again in case you didn't see it regarding the upper-age limit

Dear Don,

The only age limit that the middle eastern airline impose is the minimum 21 years old at the date of the interview. There is no other upper age limit.

I had readers in their late 30s or early 40s that got the job, so as long as you have the required experience and the good personality and can do attitude, it does not matter how old or young you are.

WIshing you all the best,

-Kara
http://FlightAttendantCentral.com

Check this person and the link out for yourselves! Ask the lady the same question I'm asking.

http://www.emiratesgroupcareers.com/english/Careers_Overview/cabin_crew/requirements.aspx

That is the link to Emirates Cabin crew requirements. Those saying there is an upper-age limit for God's sake please provide some proof such as a link to corroborate this claim. Don't go by what one person said or what you see. You're actually bringing the name of the airline into disrepute because you're implying that the airline has an under the table age limit instead of an official one and that's not making the airline look good. Aviation is serious business and you must be honest which of course means don't post something official but then have something else that's under the table. So those who keep saying there is an upper age-limit without any credible proof to back it up, kindly desist from doing it.

Thanks
         Jump to Top
< Prev Next >