Search
Latest Posts
- Assessment Day Requirements.
- Mixed Fleet Destinations update at Present
- Sept 15th AD?
- LHR: Interviews Assessments Start Dates Courses
- Help!!!!! Application
- Emirates - experienced crew?
- Anyone apply for AD of Emirates in Sydney Sep. ?
- FlyDubai Online Assessment
- "Qatar experienced cabin crew" have you applied?
- Emirates Assessment 28th - 29th May Nairobi,Kenya

AGE LIMIT - EMIRATES

< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  obahiano    On:  Sun 15th January, 2012 at 21:44
prettyinpunk
#21  Re: AGE LIMIT - EMIRATES  Posted 24/05/2012 at 13:28
In reply to post #20...
I wouldnt say it if I didnt know it for a fact. I work for emirates and have a close friend who has recently transferred to recruitment.
         Jump to Top
user46800
#22  Re: AGE LIMIT - EMIRATES  Posted 24/05/2012 at 14:03
In reply to post #21...
Another crew member told me something totally different. Plus other older people have gotten through.No disrespect intended but I'm not likely to go by what you said.
         Jump to Top
prettyinpunk
#23  Re: AGE LIMIT - EMIRATES  Posted 24/05/2012 at 14:06
In reply to post #22...
Makes no difference to me if you go by what I say or not - you werent invited to an assessment day, and I already got into Emirates

GOOD LUCK.
         Jump to Top
user46800
#24  Re: AGE LIMIT - EMIRATES  Posted 24/05/2012 at 14:45
In reply to post #23...
You don't know me so how do you know I wasn't invited? Good for you that you got invited!
         Jump to Top
prettyinpunk
#25  Re: AGE LIMIT - EMIRATES  Posted 24/05/2012 at 15:10
In reply to post #24...
Because you posted in another thread that you weren't shortlisted.

I think you're believing what you want to believe but by all means keep trying, its your decision and your money. Just remember there are plenty of other airlines who don't have an upper age limit so it doesn't have to end at emirates.
         Jump to Top
user46800
#26  Re: AGE LIMIT - EMIRATES  Posted 24/05/2012 at 15:26
In reply to post #25...
I'm going to be honest. I find that your responses reek of snobbery and arrogance. You need to watch that attitude if you want to make it as a FA. Personally, I would not feel comfortable at over 30,000 feet with someone with your attitude. Furthermore there are reasons why people don't get shortlisted anyway which doesn't mean they won't be in the near future. Also whether I'm shortlisted yes or no isn't relevant at this time, and it's also none of your business.

Done with you!
         Jump to Top
prettyinpunk
#27  Re: AGE LIMIT - EMIRATES  Posted 24/05/2012 at 15:38
In reply to post #26...
Its not my problem that you're not hearing what you want to hear.
I am a successful FA and have spent god knows how long typing out, scanning and emailing the emirates recruitment books to candidates on here to help them. (Which were written by former recruiters and also state their is an upper age limit) Snobbery and arrogance? No. But I fail to see how its helpful to lie and pretend there isn't an upper age limit. You're frustrated because its not the answer you want but its the truth. Emirates cabin crew are all in their 20s and 30s. I have a friend who has been transferred from cabin crew to recruitment (you guessed it, because she is too old to be crew now). I have no idea how old you are or if you fall under the age cut off point, but I do know there is an age cut off point - which was the original question asked in this thread.
         Jump to Top
magister
#28  Re: AGE LIMIT - EMIRATES  Posted 24/05/2012 at 16:21
In reply to post #1...
Hi Chris,

I was wondering the same ..I'm 33 years old and I'll turn 34 in August, believe we're in the very upper limit but I think we're still in

26 May 2012 I'll partecipate to the Open Day in Milan-Italy

Did you already be in a Open Day ?

Best Things
Marco
         Jump to Top
user48177
#29  Re: AGE LIMIT - EMIRATES  Posted 03/06/2012 at 01:16
For those of us worried about an upper-age limit, I got confirmation from a very reliable source that there is no such thing. The only restriction is that you have to be at least 21 at the time of application. I have the link about it and I can send it to anyone who's interested. I won't post it on the forum itself due to privacy concerns.

Those on here have been saying there is an upper-age limit I would strongly suggest that you come with a link to that information as proof because on the website no upper-age limit is stated. I'm of the opinion that anyone making such statements with nothing credible to back it up is actually bringing the name of the airline into disrepute because it's suggesting to the public that the airline has an under the table upper-age limit and that's not really honest. Honesty in aviation is a very big deal as taking care of passengers in the skies is very serious business and to be honest if an airline is not really honest about something like that, I'd be leery about using that airline because what else could they be not really honest about?

Like I said earlier I have the link from the reliable source to back it up and I'll be more than happy to send it to you via PM. It confirms that there is no upper-age limit. If you know something else be prepared to back it up with a credible source. Simply saying someone said this or that with nothing to back it up isn't really cool.
         Jump to Top
mara.e.90
United Kingdom
#30  Re: AGE LIMIT - EMIRATES  Posted 03/06/2012 at 02:04
In reply to post #29...
I would be interested in seeing that link. I am personally 21, but I have a good friend who is considering applying and is concerned about this.

Personally, I think Emirates are always going to take people who can perform the job well, and with longevity. But everyone ages differently, and as fitness is a large part of being in the air they must take that into consideration too.

I also think people get moved, rejected or transferred not because of their age but because of where they are in life. Some 34 year olds are really happy to have no ties, some 21 year olds are getting married and becoming housewives and I think that aspect has something to do with it, and is why they do such a rigorous personality test.

I read that the average age is 26, which means at least ages 30/31, but depending on how this average is worked out could easily mean people older than that too.

For those people considering, the advice my friend has had, and that I have been told to pass on too, is apply, do your very best, and hope for the best too!

Good Luck!
The Only Way is Up.
         Jump to Top
< Prev Next >