Latest Posts
- Telephone screen?
- Moving to Bristol
- Assesment Day/Interview Advice
- Easyjet assessment day Luton 30th October
- WHAT TO TAKE TO DUBAI UPON JOINING
- Air Tanker
- My AD & FI experience !
- Who went through at Copthorne for LGW 21st OCT?
- Recruitment Event in Mauritius
- crew link training courses london Stansted

AGE LIMIT - EMIRATES

Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  obahiano    On:  Sun 15th January, 2012 at 21:44
obahiano
Groupie
United Kingdom
#1  AGE LIMIT - EMIRATES  Posted 15/01/2012 at 21:44
Hello everyone,

I've got a trio of questions, so I hope someone will be able to furnish me with some answers!

I'm now 34 years old, so my age does worry me (in terms of cabin crew jobs).

1) Does Emirates have an upper age limit?

2) Does Emirates generally recruit candidates over the age of 30 (and is there any difference between men or women at this age, 30+ years old)?

3) Is there anyone here, on cabincrew.com, who IS an Emirates employee, and who was hired over the age of 30?

A huge thanks in advance to all those who reply, and best wishes to you all!
CHRIS.
         Jump to Top
GoldenGoose33
#2  Re: AGE LIMIT - EMIRATES  Posted 15/01/2012 at 23:30
In reply to post #1...
I am pretty sure as a male you are ok into the 35 age limit as long as you look youthful. You can expect about 10 to 15% of male hires to be in this age range. Then add that only 20 to 25% of new hires are male and you have essentially the odds at any given open day.
         Jump to Top
obahiano
Groupie
United Kingdom
#3  Re: AGE LIMIT - EMIRATES  Posted 16/01/2012 at 02:14
In reply to post #2...

Originally posted by GoldenGoose33

I am pretty sure as a male you are ok into the 35 age limit as long as you look youthful. You can expect about 10 to 15% of male hires to be in this age range. Then add that only 20 to 25% of new hires are male and you have essentially the odds at any given open day.

Hi there,

It's very kind of you to reply, and I find what you say interesting and heartening. May I ask where you found these statistics, or is it from personal experience that you have found this information?

Thanks again, and best wishes,
CHRIS.
         Jump to Top
prettyinpunk
#4  Re: AGE LIMIT - EMIRATES  Posted 16/01/2012 at 20:05
In reply to post #3...
Emirates like their cabin crew to be in their 20s. Most crew only fly until they are about 34/35 then are found jobs in other areas such as training/recruitment, so they want them to start as young as possible so they can get as many years out of them before they get "too old." And Emirates have 3 year contracts, so to tell you the truth I think you are at a disadvantage because of your age but its worth trying anyway. If you never try you'll never know! Good luck!
         Jump to Top
obahiano
Groupie
United Kingdom
#5  Re: AGE LIMIT - EMIRATES  Posted 16/01/2012 at 20:33
In reply to post #4...
[QUOTE=prettyinpunk]Emirates like their cabin crew to be in their 20s. Most crew only fly until they are about 34/35 then are found jobs in other areas such as training/recruitment, so they want them to start as young as possible so they can get as many years out of them before they get "too old." And Emirates have 3 year contracts, so to tell you the truth I think you are at a disadvantage because of your age but its worth trying anyway. If you never try you'll never know! Good luck! [/QUOTE]

Hi Prettyinpunk,

Thanks so much for your reply. Very much appreciated. And yes, I shall keep on trying - so long as it doesn't cost me too much money, obviously.

May I ask how you got that information, about Emirates' age preferences?

Best wishes!
CHRIS.
         Jump to Top
cintheclouds
Argentina
#6  Re: AGE LIMIT - EMIRATES  Posted 17/01/2012 at 15:41
In reply to post #5...
Hi Obahiano,

I´m 33 and I got through to the Final Interview. I was waiting 12 weeks and finally I was rejected. I can´t tell you if my age was definitive for to be rejected. Who Knows with Emirates?

In my opinion I guess you can have a chance because I was reading a lot before the OD and in the preselection´s recruitment agencies they require people from 21 to 35 years. You will need surprise them but It´s possible.

I Know that Etihad are less restrictive with the age topic and it could be another chance if your dream is fly like a cabin crew. They have goob benefits and they are growing fastly.

Good luck and let us know that you decide and how is going on.
         Jump to Top
obahiano
Groupie
United Kingdom
#7  Re: AGE LIMIT - EMIRATES  Posted 19/01/2012 at 19:32
In reply to post #6...
Thanks for you comments - please check your inbox!
         Jump to Top
mg23
#8  Re: AGE LIMIT - EMIRATES  Posted 19/01/2012 at 21:29
Hello everyone,

Emirates will have an open day in lisbon 11feb, i´m 19 years old can i still go to the open day?

Thanks!
         Jump to Top
obahiano
Groupie
United Kingdom
#9  Re: AGE LIMIT - EMIRATES  Posted 19/01/2012 at 22:04
In reply to post #8...
Yes. The only problem is you'll have no chance of being hired, as you must be either a) 21 years old or b) within a month of two of your 21st birthday. You must be 21 years old when you start your training.

Feel free to go along though, and get the experience.

Take care,
CHRIS.
         Jump to Top
Sashna
United Kingdom
#10  Re: AGE LIMIT - EMIRATES  Posted 20/01/2012 at 13:58
I think it states age between 21 and 35.

Give a go and see....at least u tried if you do not get through.

Good luck!
         Jump to Top
Next >