profile image
annawings
Age for Middle East airlines(30s)
profile image
annawings
Hi all

Is there any Middle East airlines recruiting 30s?
I just turned in 31 and wonder if I still have chances to apply, except Emirates as they have age limit.

Please let me know if you heard anything about recently
profile image
Desert_Hostie
they all have age limits, they just don't all publicise them.

You can try, but it's unlikely unless you have previous experience/they are hiring fast track seniors.

But you'll never know if you don't try.

It helps if you look younger than you are too :P
profile image
spanishgirl
I know people that were 32,33,34 that joined Qatar Airways last year. Before Etihad froze their recruitment i knew 2 girls that were 33 and 34 that joined.
Who knows perhaps Emirates changed their max age limit once they start hiring again. I dont know anyone over 31 years old that joined Emirates in recent years. They used to hire 30+ many years ago, but in recent years not so much.
For example Air Arabia have disclosed in their Cabin Crew job ad that they only seek 21-30 years old.
Qatar Executive is hiring VIP Cabin Crew right now and they mention their max age is 35 years old:

http://careers.qatarairways.com/qatarairways/VacancyDetail.aspx?VacancyID=129652

I recommend Qatar and Etihad for people 30-35 years old.
profile image
Cabin Crew Consultant
Yes, you can still apply. Some airlines openly advertise their age requirements e.g.. Gulf Air, Air Arabia, Oman Air etc and some do not, some have their own agenda and will say they is no age restriction, when there is! Try Etihad, Qatar and Fly Dubai - it's worth a go and you never know where it will take you - good luck!
profile image
annawings
Thanks @Desert_hostie and @spanishgirl

Actually I’m ex QR crew with less than 2years of flying experience, and have tried to rejoin 5times but all rejected.
It is so sad that Air Arabia also has age limit!
Hope I can make it with Etihad...

Thank you all:)
profile image
Desert_Hostie
VIP will only take over 30 if they have extensive experience, I know several girls who did Amiri and told me so

I doubt EK will be hiring over their limit when they recommence, since they will have a huge backlog to choose from now. If they did, it would most likely be ex crew not newbies.

to be honest, Over 30 you don't really want to be joining anyway, as it's a very juvenile work environment and you have to live in the shared accomm.

I would only recommend it if you were married and could live out with your husband/wife. Before you could take live out but I have a strong feeling that is going to be a thing of the past except for the married crew, so I would not rely on it.
profile image
spanishgirl
Desert_hostie:: Sharing accommodation being 30+ isnt a big deal. I have friends working for British Airways and Lufhansa in UK/Germany that is 30+ and they share accommodation close to the airport. There is a lot of crew around the world that share accommodation for various reasons.
profile image
Desert_Hostie
Yes but they choose to share and whom to share with, in the Middle East airlines you do not get much of a say and you can end up with people you really dislike.

I have done both and living in a share house is not at all like sharing accommodation in EK. It might be fine for a while but after a few years you'll be pining for your own space and sick of trying to work your life around that of your roommates (even if you get along)

it's a big factor and not one enough people consider.
profile image
Dream_Liner
Hello Anna ,

It seems like you are very sure that Emirates has age limit who told you that or from which source you got the information i have some friends joined 30s plus did any recruiter told you they are not hiring over 30 ??
profile image
Wannabewanna
Of course Emirates has a Age Limit!

I did my own investigation.

My friend just joined Qatar with 35 years old. Other friend joined Etihad before this freeze time with 34.

Recruiters in Emirates tell you there is not Age Limit but We are not silly there is anybody over 31 years old in the Emirates training Academy. if you are 31 now its because you got the job months ago and you were 30.

I made to the final interview for the 3 companies in the middle East. I know how it works because i wanna be cabincrew one day. And from my point of view Emirates has the worse service on board. You see these guys they dont know what are they doing. They are younger but also just wanna maybe drink in the layover or just have fun. I saw Qatar and there is a mix between mature people and young people and the service is better also in Etihad the same. Because in the life you can be 34 and you can look younger than others with 27. But in Emirates you can look younger and if you are over 31 they wont take you.

Its funny because Emirates i saw guys who looks like 45 but they are 27.

One last thing. One lady made to the final interview with 34 years old in Emirates in 2016 but she has flying experience, but she couldnt get the job. And also my friend in Emirates saw one new joiner with 35 in one flight during 2016 but he speaks arabic!

So maybe some recruiters has the power to give the opportunity is the person has experience and look very young. I think they must have somebody new over 30 years at least one a year. They must protect themselves because this rule is totally racist.

Other discussions going on within Middle East Airlines Forum

Emirates Qualifications Query
4  2.23k 2 years ago
4 2.23k 2 years ago by david kane
Qatar Amiri flight is hiring f...
8  7.58k 1 year ago
8 7.58k 1 year ago by su xeko
Emirates mental health medical...
8  2.9k 1 month ago
8 2.9k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Inflight Chef Etihad, Turkish...
6  1.03k 1 month ago
6 1.03k 1 month ago by sayeed shazz
Emirates HR contact email addr...
29  43.01k 1 month ago
29 43.01k 1 month ago by Jovitamaketa280

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  594.83k 8 months ago
266 594.83k 8 months ago by KL17
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.13k 1 year ago
162 634.13k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.26k 1 year ago
93 408.26k 1 year ago by David_Hume
Qantas UK Forum For those working at Qantas UK
31  372.52k 1 year ago
31 372.52k 1 year ago by Charles Carter
Jet2 All posts relating to Jet2
64  248.53k 10 months ago
64 248.53k 10 months ago by Andrew E. Briscoe