Search the Forums
Search
Latest Posts
- Needed - room near to Gatwick
- Emirates Recruitment Events 2020
- Assessment day Glasgow 15th of December
- Assessments, interviews & start dates
- New Recruitment Open 2019
- Awaiting Candidate Documents (Qatar Airways)
- EasyJet Staff travel
- Qantas medical
- Aer Lingus Cabin Crew 2019
- BA Training Mixed fleet accomodation - Heathrow

Aer Lingus Recruitment October 2017

< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  velina    On:  Mon 23rd October, 2017 at 23:15
LibertiesTTB
#174  Re: Aer Lingus Recruitment October 2017  Posted 15/01/2018 at 16:56
In reply to post #172...
Hi,

I got offered the position in December too a couple of days after my interview.

I got an email a couple of days ago to apply for airside access/airport ID.
I also got a very general email about availability in Cork, but it never said I had to train there or be based there. it was just looking for expression of interest

Did anyone else get this also?
I'm just worried I'll get a call to say Cork is my only option too.
         Jump to Top
TrolleyDolly20
Republic of Ireland
#176  Re: Aer Lingus Recruitment October 2017  Posted 16/01/2018 at 14:14
In reply to post #173...
When I got the call I was asked to train in Cork as well as work there! Never once was it mentioned that I might not be able to train and work in Dublin and suddenly this is my only option! It’s crazy. I was told that they do this every year, seems to be major problems with organisation.

How can they advertise for one base, interview for that base, process all documents for that base and then decide to send you to the other end of the country?!
         Jump to Top
rachlouise_irl
#177  Re: Aer Lingus Recruitment October 2017  Posted 16/01/2018 at 14:15
Between snooping through instagram / twitter feeds it seems people got calls around the 5th- 7th January and got offered positions.

I know I am probably unsuccessful but I want to know the answer even if it's a no. Do I need to book a holiday to feel sorry for myself yet or what haha?
         Jump to Top
rachlouise_irl
#178  Re: Aer Lingus Recruitment October 2017  Posted 17/01/2018 at 09:06
In reply to post #176...
After all that - I got a call today. Im from Dublin - live 15 minutes from airport and they offered me Cork. I am only 22 , live at home with my parents and cannot support myself financially or fancy living in student digs down in cork because thats all I will be able to afford.

I have till tomorrow to make a decision so I've decided not to take it due to being based in Cork. Im honestly so annoyed at the situation and think its disgraceful how they can just change they location
         Jump to Top
Cc93
#179  Re: Aer Lingus Recruitment October 2017  Posted 17/01/2018 at 10:56
In reply to post #178...
I haven’t heard anything and now I’m worried I’ll be offered cork. I have no idea what’s going on in the recruitment office. I’m pretty sure we applied for Cabin Crew Dublin?
         Jump to Top
Newbietoaerlingusplease
#180  Re: Aer Lingus Recruitment October 2017  Posted 17/01/2018 at 18:37
In reply to post #179...
I haven't heard anything since the interview in December. Don't think it's good news. Pretty devastated.
         Jump to Top
Newbie2020
#181  Re: Aer Lingus Recruitment October 2017  Posted 17/01/2018 at 18:37
I received an email today saying that I should by now have had my medical and if not to contact them to arrange but I’ve not been offered a contract. Has anyone else received the same ?

Thanks in advance
X
         Jump to Top
stev22
#182  Re: Aer Lingus Recruitment October 2017  Posted 17/01/2018 at 18:37
In reply to post #179...
I interviewed early December in Dublin. Haven't heard a thing from them and I thought I did a good interview. However I see here that many people were already contacted and offered the job. But reading here about Aer Lingus asking or intimidating people in regard to working out of Cork base, instead Dublin, which was originally said, does not sound a very professional airline to work for. So not getting a job there, might be a blessing in disguise ( I am not trying to be vicious but I have working experience and this does not seem good to me). Also when we went for the face to face interviews, they don't even give you a presentation of the company with idea of salary, benefits, etc... I interviewed at other airlines, and the majority inform you salary, etc.. So you are basically diving into Aer Lingus blindly. I have a gut feeling this company is not good to work for.
         Jump to Top
chamomile1
#183  Re: Aer Lingus Recruitment October 2017  Posted 23/01/2018 at 09:08
In reply to post #180...
Hi, have you heard anything yet?

I had my interview on the 8th. Still waiting.... No news at all.....

Anyone out there heard anything this month?

I am aware of the fact that some people(could be most people) already got the training date.

I just wonder if there are some people like me still waiting for the result with fingers crossed for weeks ...
Edited 23/01/2018 @ 22:18 Revision #2
         Jump to Top
Amcireland
#184  Re: Aer Lingus Recruitment October 2017  Posted 25/01/2018 at 19:41
In reply to post #183...
I haven’t heard anything back yet either.. I had my interview at start of December. Would be happy to go to Cork but haven’t heard anything back :(
         Jump to Top
< Prev Next >