profile image
velina
Aer Lingus Recruitment October 2017
profile image
dsheridan
Any updates, from those of you who sent the background check?
profile image
Cc93
I haven’t even received a background check. Not sure what that means
profile image
Cc93
Has anyone heard anything since Christmas?
profile image
rachlouise_irl
I haven't heard a thing. At this stage - I don't even know what that means. I just want to be told yes or no!!
profile image
saraS21
Hi,

Is there anyone else here from the assessment day in Athens on 7th of December?

Good luck to everyone!
profile image
Cc93
I’m in the same boat as you. It’s really stressful
profile image
TrolleyDolly20
Has anyone else received a call asking them to train in a different base to the one they applied for? I was offered a position in December a couple of days after my interview and then received a call from recruitment to say that Dublin courses are full and I would have to train and work from a different base.

Has this happened to anyone else? Was delighted with the offer before Christmas but now it all seems to be going wrong. Asked for a reason and was given multiple conflicting excuses. Received a phone call trying to bully me into agreeing to moving in order to train in this other base and was told this was my only option but later spoke to current AL senior staff who informed me that this was untrue and happens every year.

Can anyone help?
profile image
dsheridan
What base have they offered?
profile image
Kelbell
I haven't heard anything yet either no 5 year background check or email saying I didn't get it so I'm super confused. I asked the recruiter on the day do we find out either way if we got it or not and he said yes either way we will find out. I'm kind of putting two and two together now that I must not of got the position
profile image
TrolleyDolly20
Cork. Asked the woman why and would I be able to train in cork and work from Dublin and was told absolutely not. Was told by other current staff that this happens every year but just so worried that I will be forced to go there to train. I rent in Dublin and have a lease for the next 18 months so it’s absolutely not an option. Don’t want to lose my chance because of what looks like a mistake.

Don’t understand how I was offered a position for Dublin base and now suddenly told Cork is my only option.

Other discussions going on within Aer Lingus

Cabin Crew Malaga?
1  3.29k 2 years ago
1 3.29k 2 years ago by Quastie1
Aer lingus Manchester recruitm... Hi all! Does anyone know if aer lingus will be rec...
0  1.09k -
0 1.09k -
Aer Lingus Manchester summer 2...
395  130.78k 1 year ago
395 130.78k 1 year ago by Aaron
Aer Lingus Interview Madrid 23...
6  6.69k 2 years ago
6 6.69k 2 years ago by Quastie1
Former Aer Lingus employees
2  4.53k 2 years ago
2 4.53k 2 years ago by Citylad23

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Qantas UK Forum For those working at Qantas UK
31  372.58k 1 year ago
31 372.58k 1 year ago by Charles Carter
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  594.98k 8 months ago
266 594.98k 8 months ago by KL17
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.23k 1 year ago
162 634.23k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle
Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Regional Airline Operators For those who are operating regional services
10  67.45k 4 years ago
10 67.45k 4 years ago by user16937