profile image
Grace_Brown
Accomodation, Specific to BA
profile image
kaidaharmony
Oh yes please Dotty that would be great to get you on fb :) do you want to PM me your fb and I can add you?

My AD was the last one they held last year before they took a break for the olympics so that's why it's been so long but at least it's nearly start time :)

Louise x
profile image
benjamino
Hello

We have a lovely single room available on a temporary basis during your training course, its a large single, with single bed, desk, and wifi. 2 mixed fleet crew are responsible for the property situated only 20 mins from Cranebank.

The room is available for £100 per week on a temporary basis only. Perfect place to stay during your training course.

Message me for more information.

Thanks
profile image
Caitlyn Akers
Hey, I'm mixed fleet C/C on the May 16th training course and was wondering if anyone was wanting to do a house share or something? I've been looking at renting a room in a house but would much rather be with other crew!
If anyone from my course or another one wants to find somewhere, please let me know cause I have no idea where I'm going to be stopping!!!
xxxx
profile image
Jeff150
Hi Guys

Got my training with BA on May 9th and when on line will be commuting from home in Manchester!

Anyone else around these dates looking to share accommodation or maybe twin travelodge room for some/all of the six weeks?

Not managed to get in touch with anyone off my course yet, anyone around drop me a message!

Jeff x
profile image
Little minx
You will find it so hard to commute from Manchester on the mixed Fleet contract.

I hope you have some friends to stay with or make some quick because you will be spending a lot of money on B&B accomodation, if you try and live in Manchester.

Good luck.
profile image
benjamino
T be far there are lots of commuters on mixed fleet, so as long as you are organised and have back up accommodation then you will be fine! Welcome to mixed fleet!
profile image
prism
Yes you need to have accom as a back up as there will be months when you get a lot of short haul work and standbyes. It can proove very expensive commuting. With Manchester I'd recommend getting to grip with train and coach times as you can get cheap fares if booked in advance. Getting from Euston to T5 you should allow at least an hour. It is fine and doable if you only have 5 or 6 reports per month but if you have more could proove tiring and expensive as its best to come the night before flight to be rested if reporting early.
profile image
Sakura
Originally posted by @Little minx
You will find it so hard to commute from Manchester on the mixed Fleet contract.

I hope you have some friends to stay with or make some quick because you will be spending a lot of money on B&B accomodation, if you try and live in Manchester.

Good luck.

Hi LM,

I agree with you that it is very difficult to commute from Manchester. I manage to do it but i don't have a mortgage, i get free rail travel and i also rent a room near LHR where i can stay whenever and leave my belongings so that i don't have to keep taking them "home" with me. I do all my home standby's from my rented room which means that i only get to go home about 3 times a month for a total of 6/7 days. It's not ideal but i can cope with it. Commuting is very difficult to advise on as everyones circumstances are different. I know a lot of people who commute but when you ask how they manage it, more often than not they are being bankrolled by the "bank of dad/mum". Commuters don't tend to last much longer than six months, they then either leave or move nearer. Maybe i should post my roster as a challenge for all the potential commuters
profile image
flya380
"House Share Avaialble V Near Heathrow Airport"

Hi There,

I have a 3 bed house ultra conveniently located approx 10 mins walk from Hounslow west tube station and buses to Heathrow Airport and Hatton Cross

Semi Detached Property with Off street Parking
GCH, Kitchen, Bath, Large rear Garden
Mins walk to lampton Park, Ammenities and Hounslow West Tube Station and Buses

Professional Couple - Looking for 3 other Girls to share house working at LHR or City
References needed - prefer Non Smokers

available 2 x Double Rooms at £595 per month each
1 x single room at £275 per month
ALL INCLUSIVE OF COUNCIL TAX, WATER, GAS AND ELECTRICITY !!
Fast Wi-Fi will also be Included

Available from: 15th May 2013
Call me for more details
07943 570856
profile image
benjamino
Hello

We have a lovely single room available on a temporary basis during your training course, its a large single, with single bed, desk, and wifi. 2 mixed fleet crew are responsible for the property situated only 20 mins from Cranebank.

The room is available for £100 per week including bills on a temporary basis only. Perfect place to stay during your training course.

Message me for more information.

Thanks

Other discussions going on within British Airways

Uniform
69  113.94k 8 months ago
69 113.94k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
British Airways - Training Dat... I received confirmation on 17th February that I ha...
0  1.38k -
0 1.38k -
General Info and questions abo...
3.12k  1k 4 years ago
3.12k 1k 4 years ago by Flying_Nurse
Assessments, interviews & star...
11.31k  2k 2 years ago
11.31k 2k 2 years ago by DavyP1972
LGW: Interviews Assessments St...
1.12k  331.75k 4 years ago
1.12k 331.75k 4 years ago by zeldazonk

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  595.16k 9 months ago
266 595.16k 9 months ago by KL17
Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.36k 1 year ago
162 634.36k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.47k 1 year ago
93 408.47k 1 year ago by David_Hume
Qantas UK Forum For those working at Qantas UK
31  372.65k 1 year ago
31 372.65k 1 year ago by Charles Carter