profile image
Sara El Gadi
2018 recruitment?
profile image
flyingninga
I'm also in the same boat! I applied on 7th June (closing day) and still says 'In progress' on my account and haven't heard anything yet.
I'm thinking that they must hire in batches, because I applied so late, they are doing the first lot and hopefully move onto us!!!
profile image
empik86
Like yourself I also applied around 3 weeks ago and my status shows "in progress" with no further correspondence I'm trying to remain positive and thinking that no news is good news? I haven't had an invite for a video interview have you?
profile image
Cheeky1
I'm staying positive

If it was a definite no I'm sure they would have emailed to that effect by now.

Good luck

ps. No email received for a video interview yet
profile image
Belenix
I applied a month ago, still no news. I guess is normal... I have heard of a girl that waited 8 months before hearing back.
profile image
albatross
When I submitted an application in 2015, they (AeroProfessional) called me exactly the next day and sent me an email about the AD and video interview.....now I see it´s different...
profile image
flyingninga
No I haven't had a video invite yet either. The only correspondence I've gotten is that data protection notice...which hopefully means they got my application at least!
I'm hoping the same thing!
But the fact that we applied in the second week of applications and all haven't heard anything makes me think that they have just not moved onto us yet.
I don't want to sound vain, but there's really nothing in my application that means I wouldn't be selected for the next round... haha It's not like there's even a picture of me for them to go on (I could predict that by seeing someone they might think that maybe they are not right for the company) and my resume and info fits the requirements and is what their looking for...
So hoping they're just taking their time! Gives me hope that they held assessment days last week so they should move onto the next wave of people.

Anyway, sorry for the long post!
Lauren.
profile image
flyingninga
8 months?!?! That's crazy and I hope that doesn't happen to us!
I don't get it, I would think if they open applications then they are looking to hire now right?...
profile image
empik86
Hi Lauren,

I'm thinking exactly the same as you and think they are selecting in batches maybe
I'll let you know if I hear anything and Good Luck to all of you who had your AD's!
profile image
flyingninga
Thank you! I'll let you know if I hear something too. Good luck!
profile image
Pickle44000
I am still waiting for an answer to my initial application I did on the 6th May.
I am beginning to wonder if there is not some sort of problem with emails because this morning I got a "reminder" email concerning the Data Protection Act ,this surprised me as I never received the initial one.
Has my "yes or no" email been lost along with the first Data Protection Act one?

Fingers crossed for those of you playing the waiting game since your initial application.
xx

Other discussions going on within Qantas UK Forum

How Get Travel Details Qantas...
1  6.06k 4 years ago
1 6.06k 4 years ago by corecovery
Qantas assessment day February
4  6.41k 4 years ago
4 6.41k 4 years ago by PAULINA CZUBIN
Qantas training accommodation...
2  6.79k 1 year ago
2 6.79k 1 year ago by Charles Carter
Qantas Training - March 2020
1  5.8k 4 years ago
1 5.8k 4 years ago by jenny873lakdj
Start date 11/04/22 Hey 👋 anyone else due to start this day for busin...
9  2.16k 1 year ago
9 2.16k 1 year ago by Nabena

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.24k 1 year ago
93 408.24k 1 year ago by David_Hume
British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 8 months ago
40 6k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  594.79k 8 months ago
266 594.79k 8 months ago by KL17
FLYBE News and Views from those at Flybe
27  193.68k 2 years ago
27 193.68k 2 years ago by juankax